Sennen is a fast-growing clean-tech business providing solutions to meet the needs of renewable energy operators.
We believe that wind, solar and other clean sources of power are critical to a sustainable and just future for all of us. Sennen uses the latest web-based technologies to create smart, intuitive and beautiful software systems.
Offshore wind is experiencing rapid growth worldwide and Sennen works at the forefront of the sector – our system handles the daily operations at one of the largest, most complex offshore wind farms in the world.
Our culture is about trust and excellence. We believe that a place of work should be flexible and empowering. We want our team to love what they are doing so that they can continue to challenge themselves and grow.
Our tech stack is primarily Node JS, TypeScript, React, PostgreSQL and Docker Swarm, hosted in AWS.
We’re looking for engineers with interest in the above, but your experience doesn’t have to match exactly.
We currently have 4 Software Engineers all with varying levels of experience and specialisms. One key thing that all of our engineers have in common is a desire to work with a high degree of independence.
Initial task focus:
- Development of nodejs/typescript services, covering integration of various apis into our data-warehouses, api methods to support business logic and some specialist services (e.g. time series api, notifications engine)
- Use of advanced SQL (we use the TimeScaleDB Postgres extension) for performance querying and inserts, parallel batching, file processing etc)
- Some research into existing frameworks and libraries to improve the above tasks
You’re the right person for us if:
- You are passionate about creating innovative software using high quality, clean well-structured code.
- You want the opportunity to enhance your skills within a fast-moving but supportive environment.
- You have an interest in renewable energy, offshore wind and other infrastructure on which our society depends.
What experience you’ll need:
- Experience with web APIs
- 6+ years commercial development experience.
- Experience of NodeJS
- Strong team player who is happy to collaborate with all aspects of the business
- Exposure to agile working practices.
What we offer:
- Join an exciting tech start-up with sustainability as its core value
- The chance to use data to drive the renewable energy revolution
- Share incentive scheme
- Flexible working hours. Home working in due course.