Are you a senior back-end engineer who wants to have a key role in a well-funded, 2-year-old startup that already counts companies like Stack Overflow, Zappos & Lambda School among its clients?
If so, we have the perfect role for you.
What we’re building:
Advisable’s mission is to unlock the potential of the world’s top specialist talent.
For companies, this means making finding & hiring a top freelancer with any skill imaginable as easy as booking an Uber. We provide instant recommendations of talent based on complex client queries across hundreds of specialist skills – backed by a no questions asked money-back guarantee.
For top talent, we provide the tools, community, recognition, and opportunities they need to thrive as freelancers.
We’re currently focused on 600 different marketing skills and we’ve made tonnes of progress towards this goal.
We’ve also been growing fast, doing 7 figures in bookings since launch. Our clients include companies like Stack Overflow, Zappos, and SAP, and a number of freelancers have earned over $100,000 from their work on Advisable. Clients love our service with an average freelancer rating of 9.33/10.
However, we’re just getting started and we recently raised $2.5m in additional funding from Frontline Ventures, FJ Labs, and some of Europe’s leading angels, including the founders of Supercell and Pipedrive.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a senior product engineer to join our team, with a particular focus on back-end development.
You’ll be responsible for building out new core & experimental features, as well as improving existing features.
- Ruby on Rails: you’ve built or contributed to complex Ruby on Rails applications in the past.
- Systems thinker: you think deeply through the ins and outs of every system you build.
- Multi-faceted attitude: you like both meticulously engineering systems and hacking together scrappy solutions and have a good intuition for which approach is required when.
- Product-orientation: you don’t just care about beautifully-written code, you care about creating great user-experiences.
- Startup-friendly: excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- High integrity: we want people we can fully trust.
- Owner-mentality: you feel a strong sense of ownership in projects you participate in.
- Problem-solving mindset: you’re like to think of creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Great communicator: you’re an excellent communicator, particularly written.
- Fast-learner: you’re willing and able to pick new tools & technologies up quickly.
Nice to have:
- Front-end experience: while back-end is your domain, you have delved into Front-End development in the past.
- GraphQL: you have experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Ruby on Rails
- Sidekiq with Redis
You should apply if:
- You’re passionate about building great products: you want to build an outstanding product that users love.
- You want to build something with impact: you want what you build to have a significant impact on real people.
- You want to share in the success you help build: we believe in giving significant equity to everyone working with us.
- You believe in creating win-win scenarios at scale: we’ll only succeed if everyone wins from every interaction.
- You believe in constantly striving: we’re constantly working to be better and improving every element of what we do.
- You’re passionate about learning: learning is essential to what we do so we offer a €50/month book allowance.
- You want to work with an A+ team: our team has scaled startups that have sold to Google, built beautiful products across a range of industries, managed leading accelerators, and also worked in the traditional consultancy world.
- You want to work remotely: we’re remote-friendly and offer €1,000 for you to kit out your remote-work setup.
- Want to be part of a small & close team: you’re going to be working closely with the team so we have biannual team get-togethers to get to know each other.
- You value autonomy & responsibility: while working effectively with the team is key, we want people we can trust to be responsible for their own work.
- You want to help shape our culture: we’re still a small team so every hire will help shape our culture and company as we grow.
- You have a long-term outlook: we’re working towards building something significant for the long-term.
- You want to live a good life: while working hard is important, we believe that building something significant shouldn’t mean sacrificing your personal life.
Fill out a brief application here
. We’ll get back to you with feedback within 24 hours.
Include a link to a short video introducing yourself, your background, and why you’re interested in working with Advisable for us to get a feel for your personality.