Clarity, a Series A clean-tech startup, is looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join our software team in our mission of bringing clear air to the world. He or she will drive the technical evolution of our data pipeline, which bridges thousands of IoT air quality sensors on the field with cutting-edge web applications and data analysis tools. Clarity is a globally distributed organization with headquarters in Oakland, CA.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated and passionate backend developer with a proven track record in delivering top-quality code and architectural solutions to bring our Clarity Cloud to the next level. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading development and maintenance of key system features, including APIs, workers, and databases.
- Interfacing with product management to brainstorm technical solutions to business requirements and evaluate technical feasibility of innovative product features.
- Working with other team members to investigate architecture best practices, design approaches and prototype new technology.
- Collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software against well established schedules.
Our product is multidisciplinary, ranging from ubiquitous IoT hardware to scalable data pipelines, advanced data quality assurance algorithms and insightful data analyses. You will enjoy freedom of action around these topics and be encouraged to take initiative for making our software offerings truly revolutionary in the clean-tech space. You will have plenty of opportunity to work closely with our customers and end-users who hail from industry, government, NGOs, community groups, and academia. You will be working closely with our CTO to help guide Clarity to success. We believe Clarity could be the right place for you to join the fight to solve environmental issues around the world by leveraging your software superpowers!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems at scale.
- 2+ years experience building successful production software systems.
- Solid understanding and high proficiency in Python, Node.js, MongoDB, REST, GraphQL, and OOD patterns.
- Experience with AWS Cloud, especially EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, ECS, S3, SNS, SQS, SES, Cognito and DynamoDB.
- Experience with full-stack development frameworks, such as Amplify, Django, etc.
- Experience with DevOps on software systems at large scale.
- Experience applying Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in mentoring team members and defining and championing best practices across a software team.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
We offer different options in terms of salary + equity mix.