About the position
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will be responsible for the implementing highly scalable APIs for our music industry client. You will work closely with our other engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. Note: This is a very time sensitive project so we are looking for someone that can ramp up very quickly and can contribute to a large codebase within a matter of days.
Position requirements are:
- MUST have 5+ years' experience with programming with Python, NodeJS, and Postgres
- MUST have extensive experience with complex, time-series queries using TimescaleDB including
- Experience with MusicbrainzAPI is a HUGE plus!
- Strong analytical and time management skills
Position responsibilities are:
- Write quality code to develop functional web applications
- Debug applications and detect and fix errors
- Work together with Front-end Developers to integrate UI elements with server side logic
- Implement modern technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collect, analyze and address technical and design requirements
- Help to create reusable code and libraries for future use
- Stay informed about emerging technologies
Please provide a portfolio with any links to existing projects and available timeframes for an interview