About the job
Spruce is a real estate tech company changing the face of the real estate transaction. As a part of the Spruce Engineering team, you will help to build a cutting edge platform that will define the future of real estate transactions. In this role, your strong skills and knowledge in modern web platforms, frameworks, and techniques will be put to the test while we lower transaction costs, create new technology based efficiencies and engineer a transparent, fast transaction process that improves access to the largest source of capital most of us will ever have - real estate.
We are seeking talented full-stack software engineers to join us. Engineers on our team play a critical role in developing infrastructure, user-facing features, and backend services as well as contributing to our team culture. As a Senior Engineer, you'll be a technical leader and contributor to projects, delivering value throughout the product lifecycle. You'll also bring your communication skills and unique background to help make ours a diverse, fun, caring and productive team.
What you'll do
- Help build Spruce's user-facing (buyers, sellers, clients, lenders, internal operations) applications and backend services
- Collaborate using Agile methodologies with Design and Product teams to craft technical solutions to business problems
- Help optimize overall system reliability and performance
- Continuously learn and challenge yourself and others
What we're looking for
- You love building high quality software
- You are intellectually curious and comfortable learning and experimenting with new technologies
- You are thoughtful about architectural decisions; you value simplicity
- You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood
- You thrive in a fast-paced early stage startup environment
- You have 5+ years of professional experience building software systems using object-oriented methodologies
- You have 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails (or an equivalent MVC web development framework such as Django or Spring)
- You have a deep understanding of relational database systems (bonus points for PostgreSQL) and the structure of SQL queries
We are proud of the team we’re building. We're committed to equal opportunity employment -- and beyond. We believe diverse experiences and perspectives build a stronger team and a better product. We welcome fresh perspectives and challenge our own assumptions to make Spruce better. The more inclusive we are as a company, the better we can serve our customers.