Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced Data Architect to help design, build, and improve the current Medicare PECOS (Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System) environment.
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
What you'll be doing
Working closely with our engineering and government partners, you will play a key role in building and designing the database architecture directly responsible for modernizing the Medicare PECOS application and environment. In this role, you will provide leadership and guidance on enterprise database strategies, as well as take a hands-on approach to implement those strategies. At Oddball, you will play a key role in helping build out our database vertical, and be the subject matter expert for the company. This person will play a major role in mentoring and teaching others and guiding us on future proposal work.
We are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- Experience in the design, maintenance, and coding of traditional and open-source, security conscious, databases.
- Expertise in database strategy, a proven track record of full lifecycle implementation of modern database structures.
- Experience as a technical lead, and the ability to manage a team of varying seniority.
- Knowledge about the Lean Startup and Agile Methodologies.
- Exceptional time management skills, attention to detail, and commitment to quality.
- Ability to obtain a low-level security clearance.
Must be located within the US
This is a salaried role. Oddball does offer tech and a continuing education stipend.