Our global healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s software empowers both the research sponsors who drive clinical trials forward and the doctors and research coordinators who care for patient volunteers so that they can devote more focus and time toward the work that results in successful clinical research. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
We're a team of clinical research professionals, software designers, engineers, data experts, and customer success obsessives. We have developed successful clinical research sites from the ground up, overseen hundreds of clinical trials at the sponsor and research site levels, and built and scaled clinical trial software used by leading institutions across the global life science industry. We support the work of thousands of research sites across dozens of countries and some of world’s largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
By joining our Data team, you will support the growth of an empathetic, data-driven culture at Reify and deliver novel data products which allow sites and sponsors to make clinical trials more efficient and predictable.
We’re here because we’re compelled to make a difference for patients around the world, each with a personal story that draws us to Reify Health’s mission. Work with us to bring better medical treatments to the people who need them, more quickly and more affordably.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Expand our information extraction and structured knowledge systems to support explainable recommendations for enhancing trial enrollment to research sites and sponsors
- Develop a deep understanding of our data assets and analytics capabilities as well as our product architecture and business context
- Work with our Data Science & Analytics group and our Product Engineering team to productionize analytical modules and insights into new or existing features
- Become intimately familiar with HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory frameworks and how they influence our architecture and development decisions.
- Frequently communicate your efforts to the Data Products Lead and other technical/non-technical stakeholders in clear written, verbal, or presentation form.
- Live our data philosophy, which focuses on ethical decision making, being aware of how biased data (and assumptions) can affect results (and people), and being laser-focused on business needs.
What You Bring to Reify Health:
- At least 4 years of professional work experience in a startup role developing data products using regulated data, ideally in the health or clinical domains.
- Experience with practical application of Information Extraction techniques, NLP, search optimization, EDA techniques, logical/probabilistic inference, and integration of domain-specific taxonomies and ontologies (e.g. UMLS, SNOMED, LOINC)
- Deeply understands not only how to use a technique but why it is or is not appropriate in a given situation, with available data, and for specific business needs
- Deep, performance-conscious comfort with various database, warehouse, and streaming platforms such as PostgreSQL, Redshift, and Kafka.
- Deep practical experience with AWS (Redshift, S3, MSK, etc.), Docker, Terraform, Kafka (and KStreams), and distributed systems.
- Expertise in Python and/or Clojure in the context of data applications
- Understanding of the nuances of testing and addressing scalability/accuracy of analytical processes in distributed systems.
- Advanced degree in computer science or other related field.
- Relevant published or publicized professional or academic work such as open-source contributions, blog posts, or publications.
Compensation and Perks
Competitive Salary and Stock Options: Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise.
Comprehensive Health and Wellness Coverage: 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: a top-tier health plan covering you in all 50 states (with option of HSA), dental, vision, disability (short-term and long-term), and basic term life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify). We enable 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
Retirement Plan:401(k) plan with employer matching program.
Company-provided Workstation: You will receive a brand new MacBook Pro laptop to use for work.
Location Freedom: You can work from anywhere (please see our “Additional Notes” below), though we gather in person for company summits and team events, filled with fun activities, great food, and many opportunities to get to know your colleagues better.
Vacation and Holiday Flexibility: Generous PTO policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify including holiday flexibility and parental leave.
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For US-based candidates: We are only able to hire full-time employees with permanent residency or citizenship amenable to Eastern Standard Time working hours. We are not able to sponsor visas (such as H1-B) at this time.
For internationally-based candidates: We are able to hire international contractors on a case-by-case basis who are amenable to significant overlap of their working hours with Eastern Standard Time.