Concierge Live is a corporate ticket management application that enables clients to keep track of their entertainment inventory, fulfill requests for tickets from their employees and customers, and generate versatile, detailed reporting in response to strict (and emerging) requirements across regulated sectors such as finance.
Our small, fully-remote engineering team is looking for a senior software developer to join us as we build an upgraded version (“2.0”) of our Web-based application, and become the new lead of our tech team. Work is well underway, and we anticipate launching this new version in early 2021. There is still ample time for you to contribute to its design and development.
As head of the tech team, there will be some mentoring and management responsibilities, but as we anticipate remaining a small team, this role would be the best fit for someone who enjoys working independently and contributing substantially to all aspects of the application. We currently have a senior consultant responsible for application architecture, but this responsibility would transition to you after the launch of 2.0. That said, you won’t be operating alone - we collaborate closely on story grooming and pride ourselves on thorough and constructive code reviews, and we encourage working through challenges by pair programming. We explicitly want your feedback and involvement in designing new features (both in terms of technical design, and actual user experience). While there are occasionally unforeseen circumstances that call for a last-minute meeting or shift in priorities, we strive for a company culture with minimal meetings/distractions and healthy work/life balance.
ConciergeLive is committed to a diverse, supportive environment. Our technical team is currently led by women, and kids are welcome at the all-hands Zoom.
A passion for sports is welcome, but not required.
What You’ll Do
- Use Ruby on Rails to develop our Web application (with the possibility of building some specific microservices in Elixir)
- Work with multiple third-party APIs (e.g. Ticketmaster, SeatGeek, Salesforce, Metabase)
- Deliver timely, high quality solutions to specific engineering problems
- Make & drive technical decisions to completion
- Liaise with senior business leadership on technical issues and prioritization
- Mentor and cross-train with other engineers via design discussions and code reviews
- Navigate stakeholder needs and their tradeoffs to ensure we deliver scalable and durable solutions that meet business requirements
- Run stand-ups, retros, sprint reviews, story grooming sessions, and other technical meetings
- Write automated tests to ensure systems meet business needs
- Maintain an up-to-date technical documentation library including GDPR policy, disaster recovery plans, system architecture diagrams, and templatized RFP responses.
- Respond to the technical portions of RFPs
- Evaluate and select tools to meet project needs without creating unnecessary technical debt
What You’ll Bring
- Strong programming expertise in Ruby on Rails.
- Significant experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs.
- Experience delivering scalable services to production.
- Experience with Heroku (or Amazon Web Services).
- Health, dental and vision
- Two weeks paid vacation
Concierge Live is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.