Are you passionate about achieving more by optimising, automating, building feedback loops and setting a top-notch IT infrastructure?
If that’s the case, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a fast-growing company in an exciting space (social media) and be a part of Sendible’s development operations team!
As DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for managing our operations, building our delivery pipelines and monitoring our platform to ensure the reliability of our services and our customers' success.
We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
- At least 3 years of managing an IT infrastructure, preferably in SaaS.
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to proactively get on with work.
- A creative thinker, able to come up with innovative new ideas and solutions.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive DevOps Solutioning experience, including designing and implementing robust CI/CD pipeline solutions, test environments and monitoring.
- Strong experience with AWS.
- Experience with container orchestration.
- Experience building and leading a team dedicated to DevOps practice.
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Kibana, ElasticSearch, FileBeat, MySQL and Docker.
- Knowledge of project management frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company.
✅ Things You’ll Be Doing
- Taking ownership of our IT infrastructure, the existing CI/CD and monitoring tools.
- Optimising our infrastructure and delivery pipelines.
- Introducing new tools to monitor our platform as well as those we integrate with.
- Building alerts to proactively spot critical issues early before our users notice.
- Introducing container orchestration to eventually migrate our live environment to containers.
- Building a DevOps team.
💻 Why work with us
- Work remotely or from our HQ and create your own schedule (we believe in trust and autonomy).
- 25 days paid holiday per year, plus one bonus day for your birthday.
- Profit-sharing bonuses (if the company does well and you played a big part, you'll be rewarded).
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years.
- We love learning! Take part in our book club and receive free books quarterly or use your £1000 learning allowance to develop your skills.
- Gain incredible experience building a truly successful, global SaaS company with a dedicated, small team where you can have a huge impact!
We have a low staff turnover rate — a large portion of the team has been at Sendible for 5+ years. But, your voice matters to us.
We like hearing fresh perspectives and appreciate new viewpoints, so you should feel comfortable speaking up and not be afraid to drive change and challenge the status quo. If something sucks and can be done better, we want to hear!
🌐 How we work
Sendible is a UK corporation and our head office is based in London but we are building a distributed team, and you can work from anywhere in the world for this role.
Of course, if you're based in London, you are welcome to work from our HQ which is fully equipped with free fruit and snacks, excellent coffee, standing desks, video games and pool, but we also allow team members to work from wherever they are most productive
⚡ How to get our attention when you apply
Introduce yourself to us as a colleague. Show us what your future could look like here! We value authenticity, so be yourself, be creative, and take your time with the application.
Tell us why you want this particular job. Tell us about:
- Why you want to work in DevOps.
- Why you want to work at Sendible and not somewhere else.
- A time you taught yourself a new skill to complete a job or project.
Then, tell us which 3 companies you think are embracing DevOps really well.
So, if you want to join us in helping to grow our DevOps practice and contribute to our customers’ success, please submit your application!