- Deliver awesome, fun, engaging, and reliable solutions.
- Collaborate with the team, partners and customers to provide accurate estimations, timelines, costs, and risks associated with development.
- Create clear, concise deliverables that communicate your plans and allow the team to successfully execute ideas.
- Actively participate in stand-ups, meetings, and design sessions.
- Participate in code reviews, vendor selection, research, 1 on 1’s and discussion to help you and the team with professional development.
- Manage and forecast cloud infrastructure costs
- Enforce compliance with documentation standards and overarching requirements for compliance with data privacy, data protection, and auditability.
- Work closely with software development teams for project planning and implementation.
- Deliver and maintain CI/CD pipelines for new and existing projects.
- Evaluate projects and offer subject matter expertise on security and compliance topics.
- Routinely evaluate and improve monitoring and alerting for all critical infrastructure components and systemsIdentify and drive opportunities to improve operational workflows.
- Design and develop documentation (runbooks, policies, procedures) to support ongoing operations.
- Ensure operational compliance with evolving industry standards and best practices.
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail-Oriented, self-started, motivated, results-driven, with high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative.
- Ability to manage geographically distributed teams.
- Monitoring / alerting tools such as AppSignal, New Relic, Pagerduty, or similar
- Help the team triage infrastructure and application issues.
- Mentor the Engineering Team on good security practices and take part in code reviews.
- Create dashboards using elastic search to show the health of our data.
- 3-5 years experience with Docker / Kubernetes.
- Are able to work in a fully-remote environment.
- 4+ years of experience managing large scale cloud infrastructure
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform.
- Some experience with Ruby, NodeJS, Postgres, RethinkDB, ElasticSearch, and Redis.
- Maintain and manage backup strategy and disaster recovery plan.
Nice to have
- Wordpress and PHP experience.
- Experience using Kanban to meet deliverables.
- Experience with webpack.
- You are motivated by working on hard and challenging problems rather than showing up just to check boxes.
- You are driven by building a world class product and incredible user experiences.
- You are passionate about building teams and delivering products.
- You relish the opportunity to work with the whole Showcase IDX team, including members of our product team, other talented engineers, and our customer success team. You may even work at times with our customers to give you the insight you need to ensure that we deliver awesome tools and experiences.
- You ask a lot of questions and love spirited, yet professional, debate, knowing it improves outcomes. You are comfortable navigating uncharted waters within the company.
- You are motivated by creating your own path to delivering value and taking full advantage of personal empowerment.
- You understand how to balance scope of work with implementation, and believe that continuous improvement is a way of life.
How We Measure Success
First 30 days
- Learn and become proficient in our infrastructure.
- Take over daily responsibilities of monitoring and supporting our applications.
- Set up Appsignal and Alerting for our current applications.
- Manage backups, updates, and work on setting up staging environments.
- Ensure high availability and recoverability of critical systems and applications.
- Help prepare the infrastructure, code base, processes, and CI/CD for our milestones.
- You will start to contribute to our first major milestone project by working closely with engineers to design and implement infrastructure changes to support the product and its development.
- Implement a performance and metrics dashboard.
- Implementing a searchable logging system to help debug and triage both code and infrastructure projects.
- Set up easily restorable development environments for new team members and disaster recovery.
- Set up staging environments of our existing systems.
- Develop a plan for staging environments for our Milestone deadlines.
- Work on scaling up our ElasticSearch cluster to support the growth of our home listing data feeds.
- Work with Director of Engineering to create long-term DevOps plan.
- Work cross-functionally with other internal and external teams to implement future milestone projects.
People You'll Work With
We are a highly collaborative and cross-functional organization. As you pursue your objectives and Showcase IDX’s goals, you will be working closely with:
- Scott Lockhart - CEO
- Alan Pinstein - COO
- Scott Davis - Director of Engineering
- Kurt Uhilr - CMO
- Tiffany Soucy - Customer Success Manager
- Andi Bodway-Werneth - Onboarding Manager
In addition to a competitive salary, Showcase IDX offers:
- Stock Option Grant
- Flexible PTO
- Quality Medical + Dental + Vision
- Tax-Free Flexible Health Spending Account
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance