TLDR: Remote - US residency. C and C++. Medical Imaging. 5 years experience. San Diego preferred.
Trice Imaging is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join a small development team building a medical image management and communication system that runs in the cloud (AWS). The engineer hired for this position will maintain our edge software, which provides a secure and efficient communication between our customers’ imaging devices and our cloud infrastructure. The development team is completely remote but based in the US. San Diego is preferred since this role will benefit from the ability to meet occasionally with other San Diego based engineers. This position requires US residency.
- Maintain and enhance our legacy C-language client-side software agent running on Windows, linux, MacOS, and Android.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with other team members, as well as other departments, on goals, use-cases, best practices, features, relevant standards, quality objectives.
- Ensure application scalability, security and performance.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Working with different medical imaging modalities, both over network APIs and embedded.
- Processing medical images and related files (mostly DICOM) for compression, anonymization, and transmission to cloud storage services.
- Converting between medical image and data formats and their appropriate consumer format equivalents.
- Performance and Security optimizations.
- Assisting partners in embedding our software agent on their devices.
- Experience with the C and C++ programming languages, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- Skilled in developing portable cross-platform code with few platform dependencies.
- Experience with image processing and DICOM files.
- Experience with encryption and security-critical software.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years experience designing and developing performant, reliable software.
- 3+ years of team software development.
- Self starter, highly motivated and works with little supervision.
Nice to have:
- Medical device development experience
- Curiosity and drive to understand and modify complex legacy systems
- Agile methodologies
- Working understanding of HIPAA and secure management of personal health information (PHI)
To thrive at Trice you should identify with all or most of the following:
- You have high-energy and value high-intensity work that fancies innovation and creativity.
- You are a self starter and take pride in managing yourself
- You are a clever team player with lots of integrity and don’t mind standing up for your ideas.