We are looking for our next Enterprise Advocate to join the RStudio team. In this role, you will engage with prospective customers to share and demonstrate cutting edge technologies in the growing Data Science field. The majority of your interactions will be people who already know, use, and love RStudio’s open-source offerings. It will be your role to continue to educate them on the benefits of our enterprise editions.
To be successful you must be able to engage others using a variety of mediums and be able to manage a large number of opportunities to closure efficiently. You should thrive on individual contributions with a team orientation as you will be working closely with a BDR team to assist you with lead qualification. You must have a passion for working with customers and a curiosity for learning the technology and learning more about data science and the R language.
Having a degree or background in statistics, data science, mathematics or database management is a plus. Experience in sales, consulting, marketing or customer service would be typical backgrounds and relevant skills. This is an incredible opportunity to gain exposure to an industry that will only continue to grow while working alongside some of the leaders in Data Science.
You will also be responsible for achieving measurable growth in new business through prospecting accounts by providing education and product-planning updates. Finally, because of RStudio’s position within the R community, it is critical that you be our eyes, ears, and voice to continue to learn about, contribute to, and be a preacher of R, RStudio, and our community’s unique culture.
- You are interested in a non-traditional and deeply technical sales role that involves familiarity with R and RStudio’s professional products.
- You have at least 2 years of professional relevant experience
- You are highly organized and thrive in a high-volume environment that, although reasonable and respectful, often has ambiguities and competing priorities.
- It’s a strong plus if you are open to diving into R or RStudio communities through in-person meetups, conferences, workshops, events, or electronic forums.
- You have prior experience in the sales, consulting, customer service, corporate communications or training fields, and feel at home in roles where you can offer value as a consultative solutions provider
- You have an awareness or interest in the latest trends of the broader data science field, and may have experience in other analytic software (such as Python, MATLAB, SAS, or SPSS).
- You are internally driven by curiosity and continuous learning. You have proven that you can be entrusted with big decisions, and you strive to bring thoughtfulness and empathy to all of your work.
- You are humble, and collaborate well with other people. You thrive in team settings, and exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are self-motivated, reliable, and can function effectively in a distributed team.
- Ability to travel at least 25%
- We are committed to a culture that values diversity in all its forms.
- We are a nonhierarchical organization, and we expect self-motivation and agency. If you get uncomfortable around “broken windows” and take initiative to improve your surroundings, you will thrive here.
- We are a learning organization, and we have assembled some of the leading minds in data science and software engineering. We take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we promise you will also deepen your skills, influence and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a uniquely sustainable business model: Our expectations are high but reasonable, the workload is realistic, and a significant portion of our company is directed towards serving the open source community. We are profitable, and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (you may optionally use one of our offices in Seattle or Boston)
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance (100% of premiums covered for most plans offered)
- Paid parental leave
- 401k with matching contribution
- A profit-sharing plan
- Home office allowance/co-working membership support
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.