Dwell has been a champion of good design for two decades. Our mission is to foster appreciation for how great spaces can transform lives and communities.
We reach 40 million people every year primarily by publishing content that brings attention to original efforts to make architecture more sustainable and accessible.
As a senior frontend web developer, you will collaborate within a cross-functional product team to devise and implement solutions that meet strategic objectives. Your unique responsibility within this team will be UI development and engineering.
The product team is entrepreneurial, creative, personable, and fundamentally committed to building products and services that are best in class in design and execution. You will be a great fit if you’re self-motivated, organized, and multi-task well. You enjoy problem-solving and are always learning new skills.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all front-end web development efforts
- Translate designs—rough sketches, wireframes, refined visual designs, interactive prototypes, and/or user stories—into well-crafted interfaces
- Plan, estimate, and build new features
- Ensure a high level of quality and performance
- Troubleshoot and debug as issues arise
- Refine and evolve our front-end web stack
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and back-end engineers by contributing to initial ideation and throughout implementation and iteration
- Generously share your knowledge and expertise through demos, presentations, mentoring, and code reviews
- Value feedback and constructive criticism
We Currently Use
What We’re Looking For
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience translating designs into well-crafted code
- Experience working with service-oriented architecture
- Experience with React or similar
- Experience building digital subscription products
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- B.A., B.S., or equivalent experience