PLEASE APPLY BY FILLING OUT THIS FORM: https://airtable.com/shr4ramLdlK7LeYoGPosition Overview
Clarity, a Series A clean-tech startup, is looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join the mission of bringing clear air to the world. He or she will drive the technical evolution of our IoT sensor data pipeline, customer-facing web applications, and data analysis tools. Clarity is a globally distributed organization with headquarters in Oakland, CA.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated and passionate full-stack developer who is comfortable with both front-end and back-end development . As a Full-Stack developer, we expect you to work closely with other members in our Software Development Team (we have 3 developers at the moment) to see through projects from conceptions to final products.
On the development side, you will work on:
- Developing new web applications to deliver value and insight from monitoring data to our customers, as well as visual and user interaction designs.
- Exploring ways to visualize complex time series air quality data and data from other sources (e.g. meteorological, traffic, land use, etc.) in a clear and insightful manner.
- Developing new services, architecture, and technology to enable new use cases for our sensing-as-a-service solution.
- Constantly improving the performance, scalability, and reliability of our system given the growing size of our sensor networks.
Our product is multidisciplinary, ranging from ubiquitous IoT hardware to scalable data pipelines, advanced data quality assurance algorithms and insightful data analyses. You will enjoy freedom of action around these topics and be encouraged to take initiative for making our software offerings truly revolutionary in the clean-tech space.
You will have plenty of opportunity to work closely with our customers and end-users who hail from industry, government, NGOs, community groups, and academia. We believe Clarity could be the right place for you to join the fight to environmental issues around the world by leveraging your software superpowers!
- 5+ years of experience in shipping production software for the cloud
- 3+ years experience in working with geo-referenced data and relative libraries, typically Mapbox (Mapboxgl, Deck.gl), GoogleMaps and Leaflet.
- 3+ years of experience with data visualization technologies, such as ECharts, D3.js, Highcharts, Chart.js.
- 3+ years of experience in React (preferred), Angular or Vue.js.
- 3+ years of experience in back-end development, preferably with Python, Node.js, Kafka, and MongoDB.
- 3+ years of Experience in working with AWS serverless services, such as EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, ECS, and API Gateway.
- Experience in working with CI/CD tools, such as Travis CI.
- Good visual skills and knowledge of UI/UX general principles.
- Experience working remotely or as part of a geographically distributed team.
- Mission-Driven: You feel a deep desire for your work to have a positive impact on society and the environment, and this motivates you to deliver great results.
- Flexible: You are comfortable to work with a small and nimble team, limited resources, light structure and evolving requirements. You are ready to burn the midnight oil when needed.
- Self motivated: You take full ownership of your projects and strive for seeing them succeed.
We will offer different picks in terms of salary + equity mix.