👋 Join the pack
Hi! We are Ready. A team
of serial founders and product leaders determined to make calendars right. We're assembling a global team of wonderful, diverse people to create a product with real impact. We're backed by the best seed funds and angels in San Francisco and the Valley (soon to be announced), and have the support we need to get this right.
🤔 What is Ready?
Ready is the first calendar designed to solve the meeting problem. It stops them from crowding your day and makes the ones you have worth their weight.
We're building Ready because for some wild reason, someone decided calendars should be designed to jam our days full of meetings, most of which are kinda useless.We don’t need calendars to book more meetings. We need less of them, and the ones we do have need to be a kick ass use of time.
It’s time for a new calendar. So we're building it — a calendar that results in fewer meetings, more focus, and better collaboration with your team.
👷♀️ What's it like to work at Ready?
We believe building a world changing company doesn't have to come at the expense of your personal freedom and enjoyment. We’re remote, so you can work from anywhere in the world. Most days we try to find some time together between 12PM - 3PM EST, but outside of that, we work on our own time.
🙌 What we offer
- Competitive salary in USD
- 4 weeks paid vacation + additional
- Ability to work when you want, where you want
- Latest MacBook Pro + budget to customize your space
- Annual company retreat with full expenses paid (post covid 😅)
✌️ Our Values
Iterate Always: We constantly seek feedback, never get attached to our ideas, and always seek to refine our creations.
Build Trust: We are transparent with each other even when it's hard, assume best intentions from one another, and work to uphold our integrity.
Optimize our Domains: We operate with autonomy, lift each other up when we're struggling, and treat feedback as non-binding.
Hone our Craft: We push ourselves to the edge of our abilities, seek new challenges, and never stop growing.
Enjoy: We make this experience joyful for ourselves, colleagues, customers, and everyone else who touches Ready
🛠 What tools will you be using?
- Node.js/Koa.js/GraphQL API and server layer
- PostgreSQL/Redis for long and short term storage and message brokerage
- React/React Native/Electron based front-ends
- Redux/Immer/reselect/React hooks for state management and access
- Styled components for styling
- Design System hosted on storybook in collaboration with design team
💪 What is the experience we're looking for?
- 5+ years of full-time development experience
- Comfort with back-end technologies with deep front-end expertise - able to develop a feature from the database layer all the way to the UI
- Deep React knowledge and a good grasp of modern trends within the ecosystem
- Ability to design and manage complex data structures and managing relationships between them
- Comfortable writing tests and following TDD where and when appropriate
- Ability to translate designs into working product features
- Focus on performance from all aspects with the ability to profile and identify bottlenecks
- Mature communication and collaboration within development team and other functions within the organization
📜 What is our development philosophy?