As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will work on our real estate portals built as SPAs with React, Node and Django as well as on our customer facing tools. These are complex systems with many moving parts and drastic performance requirements. You will have to write new code and understand legacy systems, design new parts and keep an eye on performance bottlenecks.
This is a remote role accepting applicants only from Europe . A high degree of autonomy is offered and we expect you will use it to make decisions and shape the future of our software stack.
Skills & Requirements
Experience and Pragmatism
This role is for somebody who has been through several releases and products built from ground up. We expect some degree of specialization on technology but if that does not align with the one we’re using at the moment we don’t mind.
What we expect is:
· University Degree in CS, CE or closely related
· At least 5 years of experience writing code professionally
· At least 3 years of experience in web development
· A good understanding of all common data structures
· Ability to write complex algorithms
· Ability to design software systems with multiple parts across multiple technologies
· A good understanding of performance optimisation techniques
While knowing our stack is definitely an advantage, it is not by any means a disqualifying factor:
· Python 3, Django, React, Redux, Node, Express
· Other technologies and services: Universal Web Apps, Machine Learning, Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis, Heroku, AWS, Algolia, CDN’s
What is it like to work for us?
Here are some ideas we have that might help you figure that out:
· Autonomy: you will choose the tools you want to use and get to make all the technical decisions as long as they make sense (that's for the CTO to approve)
· Mastery: we will encourage and support you to learn as long as it takes so you can feel proud about your work (the nice side effect of this is having awesome products built by you)
· Offering the best and expecting to get the same in return: annual allowance for gear upgrades (chair, computer, etc.)
We're part of a group of companies which operate some of the biggest real-estate web portals in four countries in Asia and Africa. Our purpose is to help provide the technology for these high traffic websites as well as for the back-office operations including sales and marketing