Our mission at Farmstead is to make fresh, high-quality food accessible to everyone. We’re a new delivery-only grocer that’s re-inventing grocery from the ground up. We focus on mid-market customers (think Safeway, Kroger, etc) and bring them a best-in-class grocery product experience right to their doorsteps, even in areas traditionally underserved by supermarket chains. We accomplish this by writing consumer-facing and operations orchestration code that allows us to be highly efficient relative to legacy supermarkets.
AS OF MARCH 2020 WE ARE SEEING UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND FOR GROCERY DELIVERY AS CUSTOMERS SEEK TO STAY HOME AND AVOID COVID-19. We are growing explosively and because of our small engineering team, we are ready to hand over huge chunks of responsibility to smart, reliable people who get things done.
We’re located in San Francisco.
You are a seasoned engineer with a reputation for being highly productive. You communicate early and often with your team to get full context, and then switch to solo mode to dig in and get features shipped. When you hit problems you reach out early, while keeping everyone involved in sync.
You’re used to the commercial realities of software development in a startup environment, you know that sometimes you need to leave a fire burning at a soft smolder. You’re able to develop clean, elegant solutions when needed, and fix a critical issue in legacy code without rewriting the whole codebase.
Our stack is React frontend, Rails (5.2) backend, using Sidekiq for async jobs, and Postgres for persistence.
- Deep React knowledge (we need a leader to spearhead our consumer frontend)
- Expert in HTML and CSS with an eye towards cross-platform solutions, and the ability to turn mocks into pixel-perfect UI
- Good Rails knowledge
- Thrives in a fast-paced company where the feedback cycle is often real-time
- Strong SQL, bonus points for PostgreSQL
- Honest and passionate
- Responsible team player
- Bonus points for any Heroku experience
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare, dental, vision benefits fully paid for the employee, plus 50% covered for all dependents
- 20 days annual leave
If you tick all the boxes then please write to us.