This position is available only as 100% remote. You pick your own schedule to work with our engineering team located in China and Russia.
At Perfmeter.io, we develop technical solutions for a variety of open-source and commercial software. We are a B2B company with a laser focus on increasing developer productivity by imagining new products, processes, and workflows for existing Enterprise applications.
As a Senior Software Engineering, you will primarily work with Core JAVA to develop SDKs, plugins and extensions, and command line applications for many of our customers.
We are very small and close knit company of 3 engineers but with big plans. You will work with the team but are also expected to work independently to develop new solutions. We practice the latests in modern software development using technologies/tools such as Docker, Gitlab, Nexus, AWS, Kubernetes, etc.
- Read and understand API and SDK documentation for 3rd party applications and develop solutions. For example: Be able to look at the Salesforce or JIRA REST API or JAVA SDK and develop some solution for our customers based on their requirements.
- Develop JAVA CLI solutions using frameworks like https://picocli.info or https://jcommander.org
- Develop applications that can be deployed on a variety of cloud solutions like AWS EC2, Kubernetes, etc. You should be able to setup and configure the cloud solution, create your own application so that it can easily be deployed on these cloud solutions.
- Write excellent customer facing documentation up to date & work logged in our issue tracker (JIRA)
- 4+ years of experience with Core JAVA
- 4+ years of experience consuming REST API, working with 3rd party SDKs and libraries.
- 4+ years of experience writing scaleable solutions with some database (mysql, nosql, dynamodb, etc)
- 4+ years of experience with good software development practices like unit test, mocking, code coverage, dependency injection
- 3+ year of experience with some CI systems like Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab, TeamCity, etc.
Nice to have:
- Any examples of your code that we can review.
- 2+ year of experience with ReactJS, NodeJS
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Experience with Cloud technologies/frameworks such as Kubernetes, Pulumi, Terraform, etc.
- Experience developing analytics solutions using charting libraries such ash highcharts, https://www.hyjavacharts.com, etc.
As a small company, we want to make sure that you like our culture and vision. Since, you will be working on developing a variety of solutions, our interview process has a big focus on your creative process. Instead of asking a series of questions on data structures and algorithms, we ask you to code a small solution in JAVA. Most people take 3-5 days to complete this solution.
What to Submit in your application
- Resume with technical details of your JAVA experience
- Links to your public Github profile to showcase any work
Compensation and Benefits
- $2500-3000 USD/month paid bi-weekly wire transfer.
- 20 days of paid time off
- Profit Sharing (we are a small company. when we sell our products, we share a small percentage with every employee)
- Health Insurance and Gym Reimbursement