Empower the voices of the world @ Zencastr. If you want to push the world of podcasting into the future, come join a team who loves to live on the edge! We are a fully distributed team of smart people who are passionate about changing the world one voice at a time.
Who you are:
- You are ambitious. You might want to build your own company one day or have tried to tackle the toughest tech problems just for fun.
- You have a good understanding of computer science fundamentals. You might not have gone to school for it, but you know the difference between heap and stack, different time complexities, and which patterns to use and when.
- You have an eye for performance. Whether thinking about the latest client side bundling techniques, or the proper way to shard a mongo database, you want things to be fast.
- You are willing to work with the team to debug and solve production issues, even outside of business hours when needed
- You have empathy. For the people who use the product you write, for the people who you code alongside, you are thinking about how your work can best impact other people.
What you can expect:
- Working with world class engineers, Phd’s, and designers in a fully distributed team
- Equity commensurate to your contribution in a profitable company
- Health insurance
- Unique challenges and the support and talent to solve them
- 4 weeks PTO
- Freedom to work where you please
- 5 + years of Typescript, Node.js development
- Strong document / key-value store knowledge (Redis, MongoDB)
- Demonstrable knowledge of building scalable, consumer based apps
- Ability to lead design and implementation of major software components, systems, and features
- Strong experience with unit, integration, and load testing
- Experience building APIs
- Experience with cloud technologies (Google Cloud, Digital Ocean)
- Strong SQL knowledge
Bonus points if you have:
- Experiencing working in high traffic, low latency applications
- Good dev ops experience
- DSP experience
- Experience with container orchestration technology such as Kubernetes a big plus
How to apply:
Send your CV / Resume to admin at zencastr.com
We are flexible! For the right candidate we ask: What do you need to do your best work?