- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Previous experience building enterprise applications (for technology companies, or SaaS platforms). Property tech will be a plus!
Hometime is the largest and fastest growing Airbnb property management platform in the APAC region. We combine technology and a unique operating model to deliver an outstanding stakeholder experience at scale.
We are industry leaders, recognised by Airbnb as an official partner, and we pride ourselves on empowering micro-entrepreneurs (our local STR partners) to succeed.
A core part of our service capability is the Hometime Platform - the Shopify for short term rental operators. Our commitment to building the best tools means we are searching for great humans to join our product and engineering team.
As a senior member of the Engineering team, you will be a role model to the people around you. You will be expected to share your wealth of technical experience to help guide other Engineers in the team.
Aside from being the geek of geeks, we expect you to be a well-rounded person where you’re equally comfortable engaging the Engineering Team in technical discussions, while being able to articulate these topics to our non-technical teams.
- Lead the team in complex software engineering projects - building scalable web and mobile applications.
- Strong advocate in building high-quality, maintainable, and well-tested code base.
- Actively participate in peer code reviews.
- Foster a collaborative environment within the Product Team, and extending this culture to other teams you work closely with
Preferred Qualifications & Characteristics:
- 7+ years experience as a Software Engineer.
- Minimum of 5 years building with Ruby on Rails.
- Must have previous experience in building a successful enterprise application.
- Industry experience in short term rentals, hotels, accommodation, or real estate technology is a plus!
- Excellent English language proficiency (written & spoken) and communication skills.
- Great people skills and in general a nice human being
- Love of Airbnb!
- You will get a competitive salary, paid time off and control over your day
- We empower people to do their best work in the locations and setting that suits them - whether this is at home or in a coworking space we’ll make it work
- Community & transparency:
- We believe a great business starts with great people and we leverage talent across the organisation to drive our strategy, solve complex scaling challenges and adapt to the market
- We have a fantastic team who are genuinely a pleasure to work with
- Career growth:
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a hyper growth technology business
- Our success depends on your success