Hi WWR Fam,
Our current (and amazing) Product Designer Erin is going on maternity leave starting in April and we are looking for a new designer to take her place. Once she returns you will be working together, along with our engineering and product teams.
The position pays $100 / hr with around 15 - 20 hours per week required. This is a contract / freelance position and requires ~ 60 - 80 hrs / month of your time.
Please only apply if you have this availability.
Also, please make sure to complete your profile on Contra.com
You should apply if :
You have deep experience as a freelance / independent designer
You enjoy designing consumer products
You are an avid user of consumer products like twitter, instagram, snapchat etc
You get a rush from seeing your product designs live in the real world.
What will your day-to-day look like?
You’ll partner closely with our engineering, product, and growth team to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges and mockup requests
Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
• 2+ years of experience designing consumer and mobile products
• Had ownership of many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences
• Great communication skills that help you work with product and engineering to make product visions come to life
• Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test
• You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us