Senior Product Designer - REMOTE
, a digital product design agency made up of passionate designers, doers, and strategists from many different cultures and backgrounds. Our passion is helping entrepreneurs succeed through meaningful collaboration and leveraging the power of user-driven design. Our company is based out of sunny San Diego, California, although our entire team is remote and spans the globe.
We’re looking for a driven, experienced Product Designer to work collaboratively with our team and clients to execute on a variety of web & mobile app projects.
What does the Senior Product Designer do?
At webuild, we only work with clients that have a digital product whether it be a dashboard, web-app and/or mobile app. Given our emphasis on product, the product designer needs to be able to craft a great user experience and pair it with stunning interface design.
The role of the product designer is to help our clients achieve their business goals through design. Some days that might mean designing a new app feature, or a new user flow. Other days it might be creating marketing assets: designing a landing page to encourage free trial sign ups or ads to drive app downloads.
We’re looking for someone who can straddle both product/marketing worlds with ease. Someone who feels comfortable designing the core product experience, as well as the promotional assets to bring that product to the masses.
The Product Designer should be comfortable with all aspects of the design lifecycle: discovery, exploration, design, prototyping, user-testing, iteration, and development hand-off.
- Conduct discovery and ask questions. Seek to understand the overall product vision and core objectives
- Research the landscape and learn about competitors in the market and what their user experiences and interfaces look/feel like
- Gather inspiration and create moodboards to get alignment from clients
- Create initial wireframes or low-fidelity versions of the user flow and experience
- Regularly present your work to clients for review and feedback
- Create high-fidelity, visually stunning, designs including various states such as hover states, success messages, error alerts, loading gifs, empty states, and more
- Openly receive feedback, both internally and externally, and execute rounds of revisions based on feedback
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually improve our bar for quality
- Continue to revise and iterate based on stakeholder and user feedback as well as quantitative data
- Design responsive landing pages and marketing assets/collateral for the products we’re co-creating with our clients
- Create design systems with reusable components to improve overall efficiency and consistency across projects
- Work on internal design projects to improve and elevate the webuild brand
- Work with Product Managers and others to help define product requirements
- Be a strong voice in evolving the product design workflow to best meet the goals of the client
- Apply your design thinking and execution skills throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Collaborate with Product and Marketing leadership to drive strategy
- Collaborate and share your expertise with other designers and stakeholders and facilitate knowledge sharing across projects
- Document design guidelines and actively share knowledge with your team
- Communicate with engineering how the interface should look/behave by documenting specific notes on layouts, animations, and interactions
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who’s capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- You’ve designed and helped build digital products in the past and have a strong design philosophy
- You’re obsessed with product design & know a great product experience from an average one
- You are incredibly passionate, care deeply about the details and bring an amazing amount of heart+hustle to everything you do
- You work well with others and enjoy collaborating with other designers
- You love talking to users, getting real world feedback, and implementing that back into the product
- You are a strong communicator and can effectively communicate your ideas both internally and externally
- You love trying out new tools and finding ways to optimize experiences in all avenues of your life
- You embrace the iterative process and know that nothing perfect happens overnight and that doing truly great work is the result of showing up daily with consistent + impeccable action
- Bonus points if you understand development and how it influences your design process
- You have familiarity/experience with Figma. We use Figma for all of our design and prototyping as well as collaboration with our clients and other designers
- You have significant experience creating user-focused interfaces across a variety of projects as well as a strong understanding of user experience design including user stories, user flows and information architecture
- You love product strategy and planning (nearly) as much as you love designing. We believe great execution is the result of deliberate, systematic and even obsessive focus on the details
- You have at least 4 years of experience designing web and/or mobile apps
- You have a robust portfolio of relevant product design and marketing design projects
- You love creating designs focused around engagement which yield results and have metrics to show for it
- 30hrs/week to start
- Ability to grow into 40hrs/week
- Remote US-Only
- Role reports to: Founder/CEO (Evan)
- Competitive pay based on experience and benefits available