Would you like to work on a product with millions of users? Do you like the possibilities offered by new cloud technologies, especially serverless? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Programmer to join our growing team! The Senior Programmer is responsible for the development of subsystems of a product across the stack. You will join a small passionate team, and will be able to have a high impact. We expect you to help us take our products and our team to the next technical level. We expect you to teach us something we don’t know.
You will report to a Lead Engineer and work closely with the Product and Support teams. We had offices in Paris and Milan that will reopen, however the role can be remotely-based anywhere in the EMEA region.
- Implementing substantial features, fixing bugs
- Contributing to technical specifications
- Proactively proposing code and performance improvements
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
Some examples projects that you could work on:
- Implementing new workflow features in Form Publisher
- Implementing features improving the deliverability of emails sent by YAMM
- Implementing interactive spreadsheet computations on Awesome Table
- Implementing the API of a new billing system and pricing model
- Implementing a new analytics pipeline
- Improving performance of a specific component
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed and responsiveness is a core feature
- Fully capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer
- Deep expertise with at least one programming environment
- Generally full-stack, with definite front-end experience
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You have an eye for design
- You’re a team player
Experience: 5-8 years as a professional programmer on SaaS products
Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with Git, Github and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools, benchmarking and profiling tools
Language: fluent in English, French or Italian is a big plus
Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- 30 days of vacation
- Lunch vouchers (for every worked day)
- 50% of public transportation for daily commute covered
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Show us some code you’ve written that you’re proud of if possible
- Tell us about what you’ve built in the past, what where the tradeoffs, the challenges, and how you made your technology choices
- What’s inspired you lately? Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- What was the last thing you learned?
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Keep in mind that we do not equate length with substance, so please keep your cover letter to fewer than 1500 words. Stock cover letters won’t do – tell us why you want this job, not just any job.