Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 130+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHO YOU ARE
As our Senior Quality Assurance Engineer / SDET you will lead the effort to define requirements, processes and tools to ensure our software is of the highest quality. You will be working side by side with other experts on our team to deliver context-based automated testing tools and solutions to help identify issues across multiple integrated systems.
Please note some of our project teams are working with clients in the Pacific Time Zone, UTC -7. Successful candidates will need to align a portion of their day with the morning hours of our clients. At Theorem you can make a significant impact while enjoying a flexible work schedule.
WHO YOU ARE
As Senior QA Engineer you are eager to dive into a product as early as possible to test new features. You have a well formed opinion of what quality means and can easily explain it. You possess the drive to get things done. You partner with product managers and engineers to get clarification when you need it.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality testing efforts.
- Design and implement automated testing solutions, and integrate them into a continuous integration/delivery pipeline.
- Collaborate in a consultative environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a Test Automation Engineer or Software Engineer.
- 2+ years of current/recent experience building and maintaining Test Automation Frameworks for enterprise web, mobile and APIs using tools including Selenium WebDriver and TestCafe.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment with Jenkins test automation tool is required.
- Previous remote work experience is required.
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams is required.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous consulting experience is a must.
- Solid experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN YOU
- Hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- Happily receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- Embrace continuous learning - Whether you are learning to help your team or customer work through new concepts and technology
- Are astute. You know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- Are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- Work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT - Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE - For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer. No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.