Boatyard is an exciting tech company on a mission to connect the world of boating through our award-winning mobile app and SaaS software.
We are looking for a senior engineer who would embrace the opportunity to take a leadership role with our fast growing startup. Our ideal candidate has 7+ years experience as a Ruby on Rails engineer, with 3+ years in a leadership role. This is a unique opportunity for a self-driven, collaborative, problem solver who is passionate about delivering quality code. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Candidates must be located within two hours of EST. Seeking independent engineers only. No agencies, dev shops or recruiters please.
Our tech stack :
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres Database (on AWS RDS)
- Apache Web Server
- Amazon Web Services for Hosting (EC2 instances)
- WePay Payments (payment integration)
- JSON based Boatyard API
- Collaborating with the operations team on sprint planning, scheduling and implementation
- Creating and maintaining a feature roadmap with founder and key stakeholders
- Managing the development team to ensure on-time delivery of product features and completion of sprints
- Implement unit testing and plan for ongoing development of a test suite Managing app development projects
- Perform additional development projects, such as email campaigns, website development, etc.
- Manage admin/developer accounts for various third-party applications
- Performing code reviews and QA
- Improving existing APIs and building new, unit-tested APIs, Creating unit tests
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time and as the most practical solution to meet business goals.
- 5+ years experience developing Ruby on Rails apps that interface with Restful APIs
- Experience with Third-Party API Integrations
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Fluent speaking and writing in English
- Write high quality, well-structured code
- Available to work 40+ hours/week during EST work hours
- Experience with graphQL a plus
- Experience with DevOps (AWS) a plus
- You would be joining a team that believes our work is a craft, and takes great pride in what we do.
- We are an innovation lab within a larger company, combining the culture of a startup with the security of working at a corporation.
- Great team culture
- Lots of opportunity for growth