Salary: $70k - $90k
Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space that fully embraces remote work. You work when and where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and our annual retreats.
We are looking for a talented server engineer who has 5+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails and 1+ years of experience with Vue.js or React to join our passionate development team and work on our up and coming task management product.
The correct person will take pride in their work, have extreme attention to detail, and be able to get their hands dirty implementing Rails controllers, Vue.js components, and doing HTML & CSS front-end work.
We are looking for a well-rounded Ruby on Rails developer who has the front-end chops to implement the user-facing aspects of their projects using Vue.js.
This position will report to one of our Hubstaff server team leads and work closely with our other engineers. You’ll be able to work 100% remotely, and we are looking for someone that can grow with our products for years to come.
This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. Some of the benefits of working for us is our company-hosted annual retreat, that you get to choose your own schedule, work where you want (cafe, co-working location, your home, anywhere), don't have to ask for permission when you want to take time off, get to dedicate yourself to one project at a time, and have job security and a career path for years to come (we've run the company using positive cash flow from day one and are carefully growing the team and business).
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Will treat this as a virtual office job
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Love to learn new things
- Are a full-stack engineer (UI/UX, backend, etc.)
- Can work until at least 12pm EST (M - F)
- Have at least 5 years of server-side experience (requirement)
Backend Development Requirements:
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, Jest, etc.)
- Background workers (Sidekiq)
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
Front-end Development Requirements:
- Vue.js or React
- Highly skilled with HTML & CSS
- Service workers architecture
- Advanced SQL (query optimization, locking, etc.)