You will be in a small team responsible for the development and integration of a hybrid container system that will be used to develop and host applications on multiple platforms in the cloud and on various spacecraft. Work will focus on systems-level engineering to adapt off-the-shelf container technologies, create hardware abstraction, and build the tool-chain used to validate, package, and deploy applications.
- Help select base container technologies; develop “hybrid” container-runner and monitoring
- Create a satellite-appropriate hardware abstraction layer, providing portable applications with uniform access to satellite payload instruments
- Stitch together the components of the software build, test, storage, and deploy pipeline
- Aid in customer briefings and reports
Over the next couple of years, you’ll likely be working with
- virtualization technologies like Docker BuildKit, Containerd, runc, libcontainer
- DevOps concepts and tooling, such as build-test-release tools (Jenkins, CircleCI, Azure Pipelines,...), monitoring (Sentry, New Relic, Grafana,...), and automation
- embedded Linux systems
- Microsoft VS Code, Azure cloud and edge computing
- several different programming languages
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. person (green card status), resident in the U.S.
- Experience in packaging and running software in containers (Docker or equivalent system)
- Experience in building systems that run/monitor/terminate containers
- 4+ years software development experience across the above Technical Areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work with space enthusiasts bringing modern software development to the satellite industry while using web technologies you know and love. Your code will live on the ground, in the cloud, in space, and eventually in deep space.
- Company pays 100% of healthcare and dental premiums for you and your dependents
- Competitive compensation
- Equity (stock options)
- Work remote with an entirely remote yet well-connected team
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office equipment stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan