Senior Software Engineer (Backend, PHP - UK remote)
Software Engineer role within a strong technically led team. Optionally fully remote working (Glasgow based office, occasional office visits may be required) and opportunity to grow within the role.
Overview of the Role:
As a Software Engineer at Markup, your main responsibilities will be working with the existing team to build out features and functionality for clients and internal teams.
You will be working with clients with a global presence, delivering high quality code and using modern technologies to deliver new features and functionality. We work with our clients on a long term basis so have a vested interest in maintaining the highest quality code and and continually upgrading our codebase.
You will be working alongside a capable and supportive team of Developers, Testers and Account Managers in Glasgow with an opportunity to travel to our clients in Stockholm and London. We are a technically lead company and you will have a voice in what technology, infrastructure and projects we pursue.
You can see an overview of our e-commerce platforms tech stack on stackshare. (https://stackshare.io/markup/phoenix
We are looking for:
- Sound knowledge of modern programming paradigms and software deployment (OO, Testing etc.)
- PHP 7.1+ experience extremely beneficial
- Web development experience (API Development, Integrations, Scaling, Databases etc.)
- Experience using Git (branching, merging and gitflow type workflows)
- Experience of Symfony or Laravel beneficial.
- Excellent communication: Both written and spoken is paramount, you will not only be working with our team of in-house developers, but will also be in contact with our clients to deliver projects.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage workload effectively.
- A candidate who wants to gain experience working in a larger development team, working on a longer term project with higher quality code or looking to gain experience in ecommerce.
Nice to have:
- Experience estimating and scoping projects, gathering requirements and communicating with clients, designers and other stakeholders.
- Exposure/contribution to Open Source would be an advantage.
- Experience leading/managing a team is advantageous.
(Senior: circa £42,000 - £50,000, Mid-level: £35,000-£42,000 with room for negotiation DOE)