TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We value trust, communication, and fun more than big company policies. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Platform to join our fully distributed engineering team and continue our impressive growth from 23 million customers to beyond! Similar roles include: Senior/Staff/Principal Software Engineer / Developer, Platform Engineer / Developer, Cloud Platform Engineer / Developer, and DevOps Engineer.
From a recent hackathon we released the first in industry health check screening for teams to help ensure members are healthy before competition of any kind. This had led our team to win the 2021 Big Innovation Award
presented by the Business Intelligence Group!
To deepen our connections with each other, we collaborate in pair sessions, virtual team swarms, and asynchronously within Slack. We also love to travel to fun locations across the country for all-company gatherings, team meetings, and the like.
You’ll be on Ayleesa Stirzel
’s team, who not only enjoys upgrading others to the next level, but is also preparing to be the first-ever hula hoop champion at TeamSnap! You can learn more about Aylessa in this manager highlight.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Improve the performance and reliability of the TeamSnap Platform (web apps, APIs, backend services, microservices, databases, CI, serverless functions, etc).
- Design, build, and maintain functionality, services, and applications to continue our rapid growth.
- Help out anywhere your talents are required, including occasional customer support and on-call duties, staying in touch with our internal and external customers' needs.
Some Things That Are Important
- Experience as a technical lead for large projects on high-scale, nontrivial apps and services.
- Deep knowledge of Ruby and functional knowledge of Elixir or Golang.
- Significant experience with frameworks and libraries surrounding your areas of expertise, such as Rails and Phoenix.
- Significant experience with direct usage of SQL and general database administration knowledge.
- Experience monitoring, scaling, optimizing, and hardening Ruby web applications.
- Experience mentoring and coaching team members as well as being open to developing yourself.
- Adaptability to learn and extend custom frameworks.
- We have a distributed system based on services, queues, and an open API. Experience building, maintaining, and scaling these is key.
- Ability to debug complex issues at a platform level.
- A "Test-First" attitude and experience writing automated tests using a TDD, BDD, or whatever *DD methodology you jive with.
- Experience with automated build and deployment systems.
- Creating and deploying services and applications within a PaaS or Service Mesh.
- Experience with Docker-based development environments and Kubernetes-based production environments.
- Familiarity with configuration management and IaC tools, such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience being part of an on-call rotation on a distributed team.
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Dolittle-style.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire permanent US residents at this time.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, opportunities to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
- We’re not just remote, we’re known for being remote-first
- We’ve been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Competitive salary and equity where everyone’s an owner
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 learning and development stipend
Inclusion and Diversity
Bring your real self. Celebrate what makes you unique. Part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity includes deepening our relationships with our employee resource groups (women, people of color, and LGBTQIA+). Our ERGs partner regularly with the executive team and people experience team to hold TeamSnap accountable in building an environment where everyone feels valued. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.