About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 30 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
To support our growing products, we're looking for an experienced full stack engineer to build the service infrastructure powering our experiences. We are an agile team looking to make our customers' lives better by building the future of cognitive training and proactive mental fitness.
In our collaborative environment, you’ll work across teams and projects to build amazing products that educate and delight our customers. You’ll work on our backend services, ETL pipelines, developer tooling, web-based administration portals, and more - so a love of learning new technologies (or prior experience!) is appreciated. As a senior member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to guide the direction of our products and our engineering team.
What you'll do here:
- Lead complex projects by defining requirements, determining solutions, and delivering on results
- Participate in the product development process, representing engineering by communicating technical constraints, opportunities, and solutions
- Mentor your fellow teammates to help them grow as engineers
- Set standards of engineering excellence in service design and implementation with a focus on reliability
- Build, maintain, and own services to support multiple products
- Design and implement ETL pipelines to provide insight into customer behavior
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience building services and web-based applications
- You have designed and implemented RESTful APIs
- You have shipped at least one customer-facing product
- You are passionate about delivering high-quality, efficient solutions to enable seamless user experiences
- You communicate clearly and participate in design reviews, code reviews, and pair programming
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with building web-backed applications
- Experience with popular web frameworks like Ruby on Rails or Django
- Experience with mobile app development
- Interest in cognitive training and educational technology
Benefits & perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan*
- Commuter benefits*
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
*Only available for US-based employees
At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.