Thanks for considering Edify! Edify is the frictionless way to onboard software engineers. Our software allows managers to create customized onboarding plans in record time. Those onboarding plans help new hires ramp up quickly, get comfortable in their new roles, and feel confident on Day 1. Edify's big vision is to be the operating system for high-performing engineering teams. If you believe in a future where all software engineers, from junior to senior, are welcomed and allowed to be their best, we want you at Edify!
Edify is thrilled to be a part of Techstars Seattle 2021 class!
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team! This person will help us shape our technical direction and architecture, select the best tools and frameworks for us to use at each stage of our development, mentor other engineers, and support best-practices in coding, testing, security, deployment, and maintenance.
You might be the right fit for this role if you...
- love learning, asking questions, and trying new things
- get excited about building complex systems
- are motivated by creating products to help your fellow engineers do their best work
- know how to cope with and work through the VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, chaos, and ambiguity) of being part of an early-stage start-up
- want the opportunity to shape technical strategy
- respect yourself and your teammates by setting and upholding boundaries to sustain yourself and your wellness
In this role, you'll be touching all aspects of the product, from the front-end web UI to database management— but we don't expect you to be the subject matter expert in every domain. We are looking for someone with the classic T-shaped skill set, with a general breadth of knowledge across all areas and deep expertise in a few. Our ideal candidate will have led or architected projects using 2-3 of these tools/languages:
- Chatbot Frameworks (eg: Amazon Lex, Rasa, Dialogflow, NLX, etc.)
- Slack APIs
- AWS Lambda, Fargate, EKS & ECS
Most importantly, we want you to be eager to learn new tools, languages, and platforms. Innovations are being created every day, and as a start-up, we have the luxury of experimenting and pivoting much more rapidly than large organizations. The tools we are using today may not be the tools we are using next year, and that's great! We want you to try new things, learn new tools, and share that knowledge with the rest of the team!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write code that you're proud of (and document that code!)
- Work as a core part of a team building a chatbot application
- Work closely with Edify's Product team to develop based on stories
- Provide input to develop and refine stories
- Demo current work frequently
- Participate in code reviews
- Help ensure coding standards are met throughout the software development lifecycle
- Use test driven design principles
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position with compensation based on experience. Benefits include:
- Stipend for healthcare
- Stipend for home internet since you'll be working from home (we're a fully remote company!)
Edify is committed to growing an equitable, inclusive company, so we make sure that:
- You're able to take the leave you need to. We have an untracked PTO policy, and most people take a day off a month plus 4 weeks/year or so. We acknowledge major holidays, your birthday, and more - plus we close for the last week of the year!
- We respect your mental and physical health and only ask that you give us a heads up about what you need.
- We want you to be engaged in your community, so we encourage space and time for volunteering, user groups, and more!
- Our team building activities will be welcoming, compassionate, and inclusive
- No one apologizes for family - kids, parents, pets - anyone! Edify welcomes kiddos on video calls, we understand care needs, and we want you to feel safe and able to work the way you need to work.
- We want to learn from you, so we welcome constructive critique!
- We want you to grow with us, so we will work with you to do our best to match your career goals to Edify's trajectory.
- Your voice should be heard, so we'll always make space for you, from setting OKR's to contributing to our marketing plan.
Thank you for considering this role with Edify! We're honored that you believe in our vision and that you want to pursue this process with us. We look forward to talking with you!
Currently we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the US.