Do you want to revolutionize the way developers build and use packages? Come join the GitHub Package Registry team and help reshape how current and future developers publish and consume packages all over the world.
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to work on our new and growing product GitHub Package Registry. This role is specifically for our Npm, RubyGems, Nuget, and Maven ecosystems.
- You will maintain and be responsible for our Npm, RubyGems, Nuget, and Maven registries and corresponding front ends.
- You will work closely with the front end ecosystems teams at GitHub to bring emerging technologies to the Packages team
- You will collaborate closely with Product and Design teams to build new features
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- 5 + years experience developing web applications
- Experience with Ruby, NodeJS, and/or Go based back end systems, or something similar and a willingness to learn
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design and/or GraphQL
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- A strong sense of product and an affinity for the human who is using it
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (particularly as part of a remote team)
- An appreciation for infrastructure, though expertise is not required. Experience with various package types is a big plus.