Based in San Francisco, Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series A company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named “Top 50 Tech Companies to Watch in 2020” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
As a member of the Infrastructure team at Aurora, you will own the foundation of how our software systems are developed, deployed, and documented in our cloud. Key projects over the next year include working with our product teams to codify our hybrid AWS/Heroku infrastructure around Terraform to enable service development and rapid recovery, designing and developing our network architecture to promote ephemeral development environments, and working with our product and QA teams to audit and revise our processes to enable certification-ready systems that sustain a mission-critical service used by thousands of companies worldwide.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Define and develop the Infrastructure-as-code tooling that will enable us to document and iterate on an increasingly complex service topology
- Define, build, and deploy key infrastructure and architecture patterns that will enable Aurora to develop and maintain secure systems
- Educate and evangelize best practice through a combination of written documentation, internal presentations, and proactive assistance
- Assist fellow Infrastructure members in ongoing iterative improvements across all technology stacks that affect the security and reliability of technology throughout the organization
What we value:
- Multiple prior projects focused on software development life cycle process evolution and container-based deployment systems (In a Site Reliability, DevOps, or similar capacity)
- Experience in the design and rollout of software systems, owning both technical deployment and human education and training
- Hands-on experience with compliance activities (e.g. GDPR, SOC 2 Type II)
- Love of pragmatic craftsmanship
- Deep desire to grow and contribute to the growth of others
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently, our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above criteria!