Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution that makes the payment ecosystem better by bringing together a diverse range of merchants and solution providers from around the world.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
Infrastructure is our internal team whose focus is designing, deploying, and operating the foundational systems and platform primitives on which Spreedly services run. Building a high performance payments platform requires engineers with expertise in distributed systems architecture, infrastructure as a service, and information security best practices. We are working with and storing credit card data, so thinking about security is a way of life at Spreedly, as is building sustainable processes to keep things safe (and our auditors happy)!
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is interested in building and scaling complex infrastructure as well as finding innovative solutions for interesting systems problems. We are working to de-monolith and containerize our cloud based services so your ideas and skills will directly impact the design of our next generation platform. We regularly work with internal engineering and product teams as well as external vendors in pursuit of improving our developer experience and satisfying our customer needs. We hope to find someone that brings a broad set of technical skills, a development and automation focused mindset, and a diverse view to our team as we expand our infrastructure in support of our goals.
- Experience building, operating, and scaling systems on AWS with a focus on EC2 and EKS.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code (we use Terraform, Ansible, Packer, etc).
- A solid understanding of Amazon Linux and Ubuntu distributions and their ecosystems.
- The ability to deliver solutions in support of applications written in Ruby on Rails and Elixir.
- A desire to instrument everything using platforms like Datadog, Sentry, and Sumo Logic.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, etc).
- Experience with DevOps and/or GitOps and an understanding of CI/CD methods.
- Some programming proficiency in Python or Go. You might even be a software engineer with a focus or passion for infrastructure!
- A desire to mentor other engineers and foster a collaborative environment to improve our software development processes.
- A willingness to be a generalist and dig into new things you've never done before.
- Excellent written communications, and a track record of documenting your work.
- A pragmatic, take-action approach but you’re open to failing fast and pivoting.
- An ability to sort out immediate priorities from the ever shifting needs of a rapidly growing organization.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Outstanding medical and dental benefits (we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care FSA
- Optional vision insurance
- Open PTO policy
- Remote friendly work environment. Even our local employees are remote 3 days per week!
- Tues./Thurs. are in-office days for local employees - the rest of the week employees are free to work wherever they choose
- Paid lunches on in-office days for local employees
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
- 12 weeks paid Family Leave
- Matching 401k plan
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend
- Yearly paid professional development
We are open to remote candidates, with the caveat that you must be located in the continental US and be able to travel to our Durham office once a quarter. With ~30% of our engineers already remote, we are experienced supporting remote employees. If you are remote we'd like for you to have had prior experience working in a remote setting.
We're constantly striving to have the fairest and most productive hiring process possible. We want to ensure that every candidate is treated equally and our interactions are designed with that goal in mind. If you want to get a sense for what your application process will look like, we'd encourage you to read the following: Stop Hazing Your Potential Hires
and Programming Puzzles Are Not the Answer
If this at all sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you!
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples and structured interviews.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, WA or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
Thank you for your interest in our company, because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.