Who We Are & What We Do
We’re working to change the future of online education by building exciting products that equip students and teachers with the tools to succeed in the classroom and beyond. Our team is hungry to learn and improve—both when it comes to our products and ourselves. We’re a small, hard-working group of self-starters who are passionate about what we do and constantly seek new ways we can be better, together.
As a team member at Teaching.com
, you’ll get to work on the #1 educational game in the world, Nitro Type
, alongside designers working on our other popular products, like Typing.com
, the world’s largest typing software. Everyone at Teaching.com
is empowered to move quickly, make decisions, and get things done so we can continue to make learning accessible to our growing community of more than 40 million students and teachers internationally.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
We are looking for a curious and passionate Senior Visual Designer who can define, communicate, and implement a consistent visual style in Nitro products on the web. Working from the perspective of ensuring an excellent user experience, our Senior Visual Designer improves existing screen designs while developing and implementing game-ready art and UI.
The ideal candidate is less concerned with patting themself on the back for pixel-perfect designs and more concerned with quickly and efficiently delivering value to our users (and results to the business). They have experience leveraging data, user research and intuition to craft actionable UI/UX strategies, translating them into production designs with the final deliverables being HTML/CSS.
Skills & Background
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly written (as a remote company, we heavily emphasize written communication across all departments)
- A passion for game development and working with small teams
- 7+ years of designing games or applications, ideally for the web
- A strong portfolio of product UI/UX design
- Strong illustration skills, with respect to characters, vehicles, stickers, and other in-game collectibles
- Proficiency writing performant and accessible HTML/CSS
- Well-honed research skills to quickly identify UI/UX options, merging aspects of each into a recommended design
- A deep understanding of user-centric design principles and a rigorous focus on the smallest details of UI design
- Basic understanding of browser performance and standards
- Comfortable working in git-based workflows
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- A positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience and/or passion for designing in the education marketplace
- Ability to build clickable prototypes in their chosen authoring package
- Worked on a successful freemium game
- Designing with data for high-converting web and mobile applications
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Company-owned laptop
- Remote office stipend
- Flexible office hours
- Ongoing education assistance
- Annual company retreat
Sorry, we will not transfer or sponsor visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.