Castos is changing the way podcasting is done. On our team, you will be a part of crafting tools for podcasters to create better content, grow their audiences, and monetize their shows.
We are looking for a Senior PHP developer with experience in custom WordPress plugin development to contribute to our Seriously Simple Podcasting WordPress plugin. Bonus points if you’ve worked with the Laravel framework in the past as well.
You will be joining an existing team of 3 full time, full stack developers, a UX designer and a devops engineer.
This role is ideal if you like to work across the stack to make a big impact on a small team. You’ll be in charge of building and owning features end-to-end, from conception to implementation to feedback/iteration.
Roles & Responsibilities:
On a regular basis responsibilities will include:
- Be challenged to solve new problems
- Architecting new features, and reimagining ways that existing ones can be improved
- Assist our Support and Success team in constantly optimizing the customer experience
- Partake in regular code reviews, of both your code and the code of your teammates
- Consider the performance impacts of your technical choices
- Contribute to a large, popular open source project with 20,000+ active installs
Requirements & Qualifications:
Qualified applicants will have experience with:
- 3+ years experience with custom WordPress plugin development.
- Creating 3rd party integrations with external APIs.
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic and fast paced environment with changing priorities and requirements both as team member and independently.
- Experience working on an open source project. Managing pull requests and assisting with member contributions.
- Writing code that is compatible with the WordPress coding standards
- Ability to own development tasks from assignment through to production.
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player.
- Bonus points if you’re a podcast junkie!
Castos is a fully remote team of 7 full time team members across 3 continents. We are a young company (just over 3 years old) but doubling in size each year, and that growth is speeding up. At Castos you will:
- Have 15 days paid vacation days a year plus local public holidays.
- Be part of an entirely remote work environment where you’re free to work whenever and wherever you’d like.
- Zero red tape, pointless meetings, and BS that come with big companies.
- Annual team retreats (last one was in Berlin!). This year’s planned retreat in Porto, Portugal was unfortunately canceled due to Covid-19.
- Competitive salary for your level of experience.
- Work in the podcasting industry, which is one of the most rapidly evolving and exciting areas of tech.
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day.
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your input is critical to the team’s success.
If this sounds like you we'd love to talk. Looking forward to hearing from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Application information that is prone to unconscious biases is hidden during the review process whenever possible. We judge the content of the applications on their own without knowledge of the applicant’s race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. We’re looking for engaged, talented, and empathetic people to join our team.