Important note: In order to apply for this position, you must apply at link:
We are on a mission here at LAUNCH to support founders and inspire innovation -- care to join us?
We are a small team of passionate innovators. We host the LAUNCH Festival (the largest startup event in the world), produce the popular podcasts “This Week in Startups” (TWiST) and "Angel," run the LAUNCH Accelerator, Jason's Syndicate, and LAUNCH Ticker. We invest millions of dollars into promising founders every year, some of which go on to change the world.
This is a position where you will learn a lot very quickly and have ample opportunity to grow and try new things.
Does this describe you?
Hands on. Results Driven. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Easy to deal with. Gets things done. High personal productivity; you are a doer first who buys into our mission to "support founders and inspire innovation."
We're looking for a rockstar Social Media Community Manager to manage the online communities for LAUNCH & This Week In Startups. We want our platforms to be a destination for founders, startups, innovation and the people who follow startups and innovation.
Based in The Greater Toronto, you will work out of our co-working office in Toronto (post lockdown). You have to be nimble enough to take on new projects and solve problems in real time with your own judgment.
- Start and engage in discussions with our audience on Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, Reddit, our SLACK community, and other emerging platforms
- Organize and participate in events like our book club to build community
- Coordinate with Marketing team to ensure brand consistency
- Quickly evaluate and test new community platforms
- Proven experience as a community manager, paid or unpaid (2+ years)
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. starting an online event)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. replies to various types of threads, key community members, etc.)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- High empathy and engagement
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Deep understanding of platforms like Slack, reddit, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter - and how to grow internal communities
*bonus: if you have experience managing & optimizing paid ads (FB/Google/Twitter/Quora/Reddit)