The Remote Company
is a network of remote-first tech companies. We're united by our values and approach to doing business. You will work with products like MailerLite, MailerSend, MailerCheck and Ycode.
We’re looking for a Social Media Specialist who will embrace the opportunity to oversee our social media platforms, create and administer content, build an audience and ensure engagement.
The ideal candidate has great design and online communication skills, loves sparking friendly and engaging conversations on all social channels and is excited about building relationships with our clients and partners. If digital marketing and online relationship-building is your jam, please join us!
Why work for The Remote Company?
You will be challenged with interesting tasks
Social media continues to evolve with new formats and with entirely new platforms. We haven’t tried tons of things, but that’s about to change. You’re free to experiment. If you believe in your idea, give it a try and share your learnings afterward.
You won’t be bored
We have lots of wonderful clients who love creating content and starting discussions. We want to keep those conversations flowing on all our social media channels.
You can take ownership
We don’t micromanage and we try not to interrupt your work with random tasks. We do expect you to take full responsibility and ownership for the stuff you build.
You will have experts at hand
Whenever you’re stuck, your teammates are eager to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
You can pick where to work, every day
We fully embrace the remote culture. Every day you get to choose what environment makes you most productive.
You can count on stability
You can count on us to offer you a stable workplace! We're continuously growing and our oldest company, MailerLite, has been around for more than 10 years.
What we expect from you
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role where your main responsibility was managing social media platforms
- Skilled in selecting the most suitable content format and using it to build communities on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Excellent communication skills with online communities on social networks
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and keep messages constructive at all times
- Experience in growing and interacting with audiences on Twitter is a big plus
- Interest in email marketing
- Experience or interest in graphic design (creating social media graphics)
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Fluent in emoji and GIF languages 😜
- Confident in working independently, handling several projects at once, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work with teams across multiple time zones and countries
- This position is full-time (40 hours per week)
We accept candidates that are located within the +-4 EST range
What we offer
- Salary: $30,000 - $45,000 (gross)
- Remote-first culture with the team working remotely from all over the world
- Office or remote? You get to choose every day!
- Free healthy lunches, snacks and coffee if you do decide to work from our Vilnius office
- Company-paid retreats that we call workations. We gather twice a year for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- Generous vacation policy. Take time off when you need it. We trust you!
- Annual benefits, which include a budget for home office setup, personal development, leisure trips, etc.
- Company-paid creative days. Go out explore and share your discoveries with the team afterward
- MacBook and other tools that'll help you to do your job efficiently
Don't send us a CV. We like to do things differently. Here's how to apply:
Get a MailerLite account
If you don't have it yet, you can sign up for free here. Read here how to create an account.
Create a newsletter about YOU
In your Mailerlite account, go to "Campaigns" and create a newsletter that answers the questions below.
Send your newsletter application
Send your newsletter or the preview URL to email@example.com.
You'll find this URL in the editor under "Preview and test" and then "Preview mode."
Things we want to see in your newsletter:
- The title of this role in your email subject line
- How you heard about this job
- Why you want to join The Remote Company
- Your experience with social media management on all relevant channels
- To be considered, send us the social media profiles you worked on and examples of your most successful social media posts
- Previous companies you worked for, your role and relevant projects
- Description of a project or product that you loved working on and why
- Links to your social profile(s) and/or personal homepage
- Your remote work experience
- Expected salary
We are accepting applications until the 11th of March, 2021.
Need Help? You can find the manual here.
We wish you all the best of luck!