Upkey is one the fastest growing ed-tech startups focused on leveling the playing field and helping every student transform to a successful professional. We are looking for problem solvers and experts to join our team and help us change millions of lives. As one of Linked In’s 2020 Top Startups, we know how important every member of our team is and we want you to enjoy your life, grow, and be a part of this journey with us.
We're looking for a skilled Software developer that will join us on our journey with strong knowledge of PHP(Laravel) & MySQL.
As part of our backend team, your primary responsibilities will include the design and development of dynamic web pages using PHP(Laravel) and MySQL, REST APIs, and leverage services and other third-party APIs. Among these, you should be able to rapidly solve problems, bugs and compatibility issues. As a team player, you will contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
Requirements and Qualifications
- You have 5+ years of experience with modern PHP frameworks – Laravel
- Experience with relational DB - MySQL
- Experience with version control (preferably GIT)
- Experience with creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with Docker
- Strong understanding of OOP, the SOLID principles and modern design patterns
- Strong understanding and knowledge of different software architectures
- Previous working within an agile development environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to self-manage and meet required deadlines
- Able to transfer knowledge and proactively take action to raise the level of the team
- Proactively looking for ways to improve the software in multiple aspects like architecture, security, performance, code-design etc.
- Good written and spoken English
- 100% Remote
- Fun and creative environment
- Working directly with senior management
- Significant potential to grow with the company
- Starting Salary range : $2500 - $3500 (depending on experience)
- 15%-25% Bonus / Salary increase within 6-9 months