Are you an experienced software developer ready to expand your impact and deliver modern solutions with AWS? Come join us at the Cloud Acceleration team in AWS Professional Services.
The Cloud Acceleration team is invested in increasing the pace of AWS adoption, including large scale and complex migrations to AWS. We create automation to help customers move to AWS faster to realize the magic of AWS Cloud. Our solutions use native AWS services and high quality and innovative design that realize customer outcomes and model AWS design patterns that can be leveraged by our customers.
We are looking for highly skilled software development engineers who are passionate about coding, are at ease working in an agile, continuous integration DevOps model and want the opportunity to connect directly with customers to define and shape our services.
You will work with a team of program managers and software development engineers in an agile scrum model to rapidly develop solutions and services. You will have a broad range of responsibilities from development, testing, deployment and operations to sprint planning and execution. You will lead technical direction for our team and be a source of expertise for our larger organization. You will build an end to end automated migration process that can simplify the migration of diverse and complex enterprise IT portfolios to the Cloud. You will work closely with AWS Service teams to provide insight and recommendations into the design process and help with beta testing, launch plans. You will interface closely with partners to assess and qualify ISV partner solutions as you integrate them into the AWS Migration solution. While you will be part of a fixed team at an Amazon location, you will engage with customers regularly to ensure end to end relevance of your solutions and services. You will interface with our consultants and solution architects from around the world to offer global solutions.
This may be exactly what you are looking for if:
• You want to lead and define what high quality code is and take charge of the complete development cycle.
• You want to build expertise in infrastructure as a service.
• You want your solution to be directly relevant to customer scenarios.
• You want to have direct exposure and interactions with your customers.
• You want an opportunity to interact with a large stakeholder group while independently owning your solution.
• You want an opportunity to be at the forefront of Cloud technology and become a recognized leader in Cloud services.
• You want to be part of a fun, smart team and learn from the best in the industry.
• You want to belong to a dynamic and customer focused team that is poised for growth.
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
· 1+ years of Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· You may have experience working in large enterprise IT, implementing complex solutions, preferably cloud services.
· You may have familiarity with AWS services or infrastructure architecture.
· Experience as technical program manager
· Member of an open source community OR are looking for the opportunity to contribute to the larger development community.
· - You have three to seven years of professional software development experience - C#, C++, Java or Python.
· You have experience with automated deployments and source code management tools - GitHub, VSTS, AWS OpsWorks, Jenkins, Chef, etc.
· You have proficiency with object oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
· You have experience building for and on the cloud.
· You have experience developing distributed systems and cloud services.
· You are an expert troubleshooter with strong debugging and problem solving skills.
· You have experience interfacing with customers as a Consultant or Solution Architect
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us