We're looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join the Platform API team and collaborate on a critical part of the platform. The Platform API team is a key component of ReCharge’s strategy to help businesses scale their subscription products. We focus on the complexity and detail of creating a developer-friendly API, offering subscription features that customers and merchants value, and enabling an easy and straightforward implementation path.
We have an amazing culture of professionals who empathize with our merchants and own the solutions we put in front of them. As an engineer on our team you will build and expand our APIs while working on improving the foundation of our architecture.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Memcached
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Write Python code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
- Building new services that scale; deploy code daily.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 7+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Experience building out scalable APIs and services
- Expert knowledge of one of the following languages: Python (preferred), Nodejs, Ruby
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired