At CNC Software, Inc., our mission is to create software and services that solve the world’s manufacturing challenges. Our software, Mastercam, developed and supported by our talented team, is the most widely used CAM software in the world. Headquartered in Tolland, CT, we are a culture that embraces remote work, with close to fifty percent of our team working from their home office in the United States as well as in offices in Switzerland and China. As the industry leader, we strive to innovate, and we partner with our resellers and customers to make the impossible, well, possible.
As a privately held, family-owned business, our culture is shaped by our concern and care for each other and our community. Our work environment reflects this care, with exceptional benefits and services you would expect of an industry leader [on-site fitness center, walking paths, employee gardens, bicycle shop, kitchen facilities] which are supported by geothermal heating/cooling and solar arrays which power the majority of our utility consumption. As a Greater Hartford Top Workplace, our focus has always been on creating a workplace that embodies the family-friendly values we hold, and which, well, doesn’t feel like “work”, but more like a place that you want to be. If you have a passion for your work, an inquisitive nature, and a pride in exceeding the expectations others have set for you – then CNC may just be the place you have been looking for.
CNC Software is seeking Software Engineers to join various agile teams! Our Software Engineering department builds a large-scale, commercial CAD/CAM application that is used extensively throughout the manufacturing industry.
As a member of this growing department, you’ll use modern techniques to solve complex software development challenges. Our Software Engineering department works in a wide range of areas, including toolpath generation, graphics, user experience development, CAD development, and more. Depending on your skill set, you could find yourself modernizing some of our legacy code using the latest C++ standard, implementing new user interfaces in C#, WPF and XAML, streamline and optimizing our build and deployment tools, or creating new algorithms to drive CNC machine tools.
To succeed in this growing department, you will need to have a strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including design patterns and the SOLID and DRY principles. You’ll need to be comfortable with geometry, and with working with multiple programming languages. You have a drive to constantly improve your software development skills, and will have a passion for clean, well-written code. In addition to strong development skills, you’ll be a proactive self-starter who can communicate well with both technical and non-technical coworkers.
Who you are:
- You have experience building commercial software in either C# or C++
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have experience designing, developing and testing software to resolve defects
- You have a strong understanding of object-oriented development
- You have previous experience developing for Microsoft Windows using Visual Studio
- You have experience proposing and implementing designs for large-scale team projects
- You are comfortable with standard software development practices such as source control, peer reviews, and unit testing
- You have experience evaluating and recommending tools, technologies, and processes for software development
- You have proven experience collaborating and working effectively within a team
It’s a plus if:
- You’ve worked in an agile (Scrum, Kanban) software development environment before
- You have experience in CAD/CAM and/or the manufacturing industry
If this sounds like an environment where you would excel, please visit our Career Center at Recruitment (adp.com)
and apply today!
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.