Software Motor Company (SMC) is changing the way the world consumes energy with its patented hardware and intelligent software. Join us in revolutionizing the $100 billion-plus electric motor industry with a new system so efficient, reliable, and adaptable that it reduces energy use by 50%+ over conventional alternatives.
SMC is pioneering the software-driven motor. Our software shapes electrical currents, controls smart buildings, and turns data into insights. Engineers at SMC emphasize efficiency, quality, and learning. We take extreme ownership over our work, and take pride in delivering sustainable value to our customers.
We’re looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who will push our Kubernetes clusters to the next level. We’re a small team of multi-disciplinary developers, so you should feel comfortable working across the stack and wearing many hats. You should be well-versed in the landscape of modern infrastructure management, databases, and back-end technologies.
We value and hire for curiosity, integrity, excellence, respect, and contribution. We’re creating a team of experts looking to transform the world.
- 6+ years work experience in software roles, with 2+ years focused on infrastructure
- Managed 1+ Kubernetes clusters in production
- Instrumented multiple monitoring systems (metrics collection, health checks, alerts, etc)
- Knowledgeable in distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing and scalability
- Comfortable with Linux/UNIX administration & networking
- Self-starter constantly looking for new ways to contribute to the team
- Experience programming in Go or willingness to learn
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals
- Python, and/or Shell scripting
- InfluxDB, Kafka, and/or PostgreSQL management
- AWS management
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) & 401(k)
- Open PTO policy
- Snacks and catered lunch daily, in our SF office space
- Autonomy and flexibility to build green tech from the ground up
- Incredible growth potential - we are revolutionizing the electric motor industry
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in SMC's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Software Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.