Creditspring is on a mission to improve the financial stability for 40% of the UK population. Our innovative consumer credit product offers interest-free loans in exchange for a small monthly membership fee — a safety net against the risk of high cost short term borrowing.
We are looking for a smart and driven Software Engineer candidate excited to change consumer credit for the better, one amazing feature at a time. We work on a modern yet stable event-driven tech stack in Ruby/Rails deployed to Heroku. We love what we do, and we bake quality into our development process to make sure product and tech co-evolve to support our goal of growing our customer base 10x in 2021.
Engineering at Creditspring is a fully remote team; we did not start as a remote first company, but COVID accelerated our remote work practices. We are constantly improving our collaboration to make sure you can deliver your best work; we write everything down on Basecamp, we meet often to shape our company culture, and we set team goals frequently so we are always aligned.
What you will be doing day-to-day
- Shipping new exciting features working with a small multi-disciplinary team.
- Providing pragmatic recommendations on the best technical tools for the job.
- Taking data-driven decisions together with the team.
- Working as a full-stack developer knowing when it is the right time to delegate to a specialist for help.
- Contribute to our architecture building on top of our Event Sourced system.
Application journey and email automations
To fullfil our growth ambitions we need a smooth application journey that is quick and easy for our customers. On the other hand we want to make sure we offer affordable loans and we promote responsible borrowing behaviour. This is why working on our funnel is so challenging and rewarding; with many moving parts and lots of data at your disposal you will be designing experiments to improve the conversion rate from the home page onwards, finding creative ways to build tools around emails, and more importantly helping people getting started on their financial stability journey.
Ship new features in our Stability Hub
We want to help Creditspring members improve their financial footprint and the Stability Hub is our solution to help people go from debt to savings without stress and without taking more debt than necessary. Last year we developed our proprietary Stability Score, and we started collecting Open Banking data that we can now turn into smart insights for our customers. We just started this journey, and 2021 will be a big year for the Stability Hub and you will be implementing the features to help thousands of people improve their financial life.
Scale up our API
We have ambitions to onboard lots of new partners this year via the API in 2021 but with bigger volumes comes bigger challenges. We want to make sure we convert users who click out to us, that we can handle the spikes in traffic, and that the tracking is as good as it can be so we can design experiments to improve the conversion of this channel.
Ideally you have experience in Ruby/Rails, or you have strong motivation to jump and excel in the Ruby/Rails ecosystem. Ultimately proving you have experience building high-quality software working as a team is what we are looking for.
Infrastructure: Postgres, Heroku, AWS, Redis
VCS / CI / Software Quality: Github, CircleCI, Rubocop, Simplecov, Rollbar, New Relic
APIs: Gocardless, Sendgrid, Mixpanel, Equifax
- You are driven by a passion to solve real user problems in a technically elegant way.
- You know that Agile is a mindset and not a set of tools.
- You trust automated testing to guarantee the quality and maintainability of what you build.
- You have your own set of trusted open-source tools.
- You keep yourself up-to-date following tech blogs and reading books.
- You take a pragmatic approach to software development.
- You have a good collection of production war-stories to share.