Form Publisher is seeking talented, motivated engineers to join our fully remote team building interactive data applications. As a part of a growing team and a company, you will work with the product and support teams to constantly improve our users’ experience. You will also collaborate with others throughout our organization and technology stack to build products that are revolutionizing the way our clients achieve their business goals.
We are a small profitable software company that makes multiple SaaS products used by millions of users worldwide. All of them are at the top tier of the Google Addon Marketplace! If you want to take a look at some of the other products we are making, you can take a look at Awesome Table
. We all have experience with both big corporations and small startups so we try to take the benefits of both with none of the downsides.
We feel strongly about developing solutions that are both technically and aesthetically sound that are developed in a fully transparent environment. We invite you to bring your experience and perspective to conversations about the future growth of our applications and environment. We are always aiming for improving ourselves and the way we do things.
Here are some examples of what was done on Form Publisher in the last few months:
- Refactored the entire UI from static HTML and vanilla JS to React, opening up the stage for hot reloading and external components
- Moved the build and deployment to a CI/CD server, automating it
- Started adding Unit/Functional tests and incorporated them with the build process them to the build process
- Automated the build and deployment process
- Completely refactored outdated code
- Added code styling tools
- Added different environments and steps for the development and testing processes
- Increased release frequency
- Created and deployed Made several features
- Implementing substantial features, fixing bugs
- Writing technical specifications
- Proactively proposing code and performance improvements
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed and responsiveness is a core feature
- Fully capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer
- Deep expertise with at least one programming environment
- Generally full-stack, with definite front-end experience
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You’re a team player
Experience: 3-5 years as a professional programmer on SaaS products
Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with git and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools, benchmarking, CI/CD and profiling tools
Collaboration tools: comfortable with Gmail, Google Docs and Sheets, and Slack
Language: fluent in English
Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why you’re interested in building Form Publisher
- Tell us about what you’ve built in the past, what where the tradeoffs, the challenges, and how you made your technology choices
- What’s inspired you lately? Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Stock cover letters won’t do
Send us your cover letter and resume, plus any public profile or material you feel relevant to the email address indicated on WWR.
We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing. If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test. You’ll then move on to an interview with the Lead Engineer, then one with the CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Awesome Table is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.