About the position
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join Showpad’s Deals Insights team. The team’s mission is to deliver the most versatile API and leading integration experience to our customers. Our vision is to offer our customers actionable insights by offering intelligent APIs made for our customers and partners to set up the most powerful CRM integrations. We already realized our potential by delivering Showpad ‘canvas’ applications that live within various CRMs but are hosted on our end.
All this to enable customers, partners and other Showpad teams to relate user activities within Showpad to the user’s sales deals.
Engineering teams at Showpad strive to be highly autonomous and consist of software engineers, QA, a product owner, and a designer and have an end to end responsibility to build and maintain the team’s services, from UI to DevOps.
Skills we are looking
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in building applications
- An ability to develop both front-end and back-end services, with an emphasis on front-end
- Solid experience of API development, integration, cloud (preferably AWS) and server-side technologies
- An ability to independently translate designs (e.g. wireframes, mockups, and requirements documents) to engineering tasks
- A keen eye for architecture, minimizing complexity, and a ‘right tool for the job’ mentality
- An emphasis on Test Driven Design
- Experience working in small high-performing, self-starting teams aligned to non-technical product owners
- Pride in their software craftsmanship and clean code
Qualifications we are looking for
- Proven experience in ECMA 6 or Typescript and working in Angular or other component-oriented front-end frameworks (React, Vue)
- Backend application and API development experience in Node.js, PHP, Java or Kotlin, within Reactive or MVC frameworks such as Symphony, Laravel, Spring, VertX or ExpressJS
- Deep understanding of REST, how to effectively build and run APIs.
- Experience securely integrating with both internal and external services using authentication concepts like OAuth2, JWT Tokens or signing requests is a plus
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Cloud-native development experience is beneficial (AWS or Kubernetes and Docker)
- Experience with CI
- Experience with Test Driven Development is a strong plus
- Microservices development experience is beneficial