Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution that makes the payment ecosystem better by bringing together a diverse range of merchants and solution providers from around the world.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
We’re seeking a customer driven Engineer to join our newly formed Professional Services team to help drive the next exciting phase of our growth. As a member of Spreedly’s Professional Services team, you will play a key role in Spreedly’s expansion by building custom solutions that accelerate our customers’ and partners’ time-to-value with Spreedly. Professional Services engineers will play a critical role in designing, developing, and implementing customer driven solutions. Projects could span from one week development and implementation engagements to complex, multi-consultant engagements. The ideal candidate will help support the team in building new processes, write documentation and training materials, and create any items needed to effectively scale the professional services business at Spreedly.
As an API based payments service delivering technical solutions to developers, we are looking for someone who has deep technical knowledge and is comfortable working directly with customers. A successful fit for this position is someone who thinks like an architect, executes as an engineer, and identifies ways to effectively scale the engineering function within Professional Services. If you are passionate about building things, enjoy a highly collaborative environment, are comfortable being a self-starter, and take ownership of the work you do, then we look forward to hearing from you.
- Support Director of Solutions Engineering & Professional Services, and PS Delivery Manager in estimating professional services projects orders of magnitude, resourcing requirements, and developing technical specifications for Statements of Work
- Build and deploy Spreedly professional services solutions as per Statement of Work(SOW)
- Provide technical training sessions remotely and/or on-site upon shipping scoped deliverables
- Assist customer support team to diagnose and troubleshoot support cases related to professional services deliverables when necessary
- Develop and maintain custom scripts for integration or policy to align with custom requirements
- Create detailed documentation for implementation, guides and training
- Manage creation of new and maintain existing technical training content
- 5+ years of enterprise level software development experience. Payments experience is a bonus.
- Experience with Ruby, Rails, and API application development.
- An ability to quickly get up to speed in a fast paced development environment and ability to learn new tech as needed. Today we work primarily with Ruby, Rails, Elixir, Phoenix, Riak, Kafka, Postgres, Redis, and Linux ... but are always pragmatically evaluating new languages and tools.
- A willingness to be a generalist and dig into new things you’ve never done before.
- Excitement about building products for Spreedly’s customers, who are primarily businesses doing commerce and their developers who are using our API’s and toolkits.
- Excellent written communications, and a willingness to use them to document your work as necessary.
- The ability to operate semi-autonomously, sorting your own immediate priorities out of the ever-shifting needs of a startup environment servicing direct development projects driven by customer requirements.
- Entrepreneurial drive to take initiative and ownership over starting and building out departmental strategy
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Outstanding medical and dental benefits (we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care FSA
- Optional vision insurance
- Open PTO policy
- Remote friendly work environment. Even our local employees are remote 3 days per week!
- Tues./Thurs. are in-office days for local employees - the rest of the week employees are free to work wherever they choose
- Paid lunches on in-office days for local employees
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
- 12 weeks paid Family Leave
- Matching 401k plan
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend
- Yearly paid professional development
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, WA or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.