Now Hiring: Software Engineering Manager
Ready to lead and grow a team of developers while executing the company vision? We need a Software Engineering Manager who can grow our team from 3 to 15 developers by the end of next year, while having a direct impact on the growth and future of the organization. You'll be able to work remotely from anywhere in North America and we're looking for someone to get started right away with growing the team!
At Funnelytics, we provide the ultimate tool for marketers. We’re working to build the gold standard in marketing analytics products. We believe that analytics should be an interactive experience, rather than a simple visualization of charts and graphs. Analytics products with the same dry metrics are all too common. Our mission is to provide a marketing analytics platform that intuitively opens up new insights that you would only otherwise get from a team of data scientists.
We're based out of Toronto, Canada, but you're free to live anywhere in North America. There are 15 of us and we're a pretty fun crew. We're proud and excited about the work we're doing. We can't wait to meet you, share our passion, and bring you aboard!
The Job Overview:
As the Software Engineering Manager at Funnelytics, you will play an instrumental role in reshaping the way in which businesses and marketers think about web analytics. We’ve thrown away traditional charts and graphs to start from scratch to build an immersive analytics platform.
You’ll take charge of growing out our engineering group from a modest team of three developers to a team of eight, and ensuring that those teams are able to do their best work under your leadership.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You'll be leading the vision of the development and growing the team.
You will be personally responsible for leading a team of 3 incredible developers. We are expecting rapid growth over the next 6 to 12 months and need you to build out your driven and qualified development team to 8 members by early 2021.
We need a "Hands-on Manager" who has no problem jumping in and learning the system, while managing the overall direction of the software development team.
Day to Day:
- Setting up processes
- Driving Agile development methodology
- Working within JIRA
- Building integrations with multiple marketing platforms
- Work closely with the Product Team for improvements
- Development with Node and Redshift
- Interviewing and hiring decisions on which highly-qualified engineers to bring on board
Responsibilities and Projects:
- Expand an engineering team focused on building the future of analytics.
- Coach a team of engineers to remove roadblocks and implement features to the best of their abilities.
- Implement processes to keep the engineering team performing at their peak.
- Take the lead in new initiatives to increase security, monitoring, and testing.
- Create and enforce timelines for development projects.
- Construct an execution plan to reach goals set out in our technical vision.
- Keep stakeholders informed on the progress of projects and the status of engineering.
- Create strategies to reduce technical debt while continuing to deliver value to customers.
- Create KPIs to maintain accountability.
Remember this role is 100% Remote in North America!
An Ideal Candidate Looks Like:
- Experience with Node, Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, Clickhouse or any other column-oriented database (customer-facing analytics)
- Experience leading development teams. If you have had past experience of growing out a small dev team one to two times, that’s great!
- Experience in building out analytics products.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbally.
- No egos or micro-management. We want someone who just wants to build out the best software and take pride in their work.
- It's preferable if you've worked in small companies, but we're open to backgrounds in large companies as well.
- Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, Clickhouse or any other column-oriented database (customer-facing analytics)
Nice to haves:
This is a more backend focused role but frontend experience is helpful.
Cultural competency is important to us. We are looking for someone who is adaptable and can easily embrace change in a fast-moving environment. We are all team players and we encourage everyone to be transparent and communicate. We are problem solvers and always support each other to do the best work we can. Our company provides a culture where our team members can evolve professionally and personally while taking a sense of pride and ownership in everything they do.
So, what do you think? We want to hear from you! Our team is excited about adding a Principal Developer to our team and look forward to meeting you.