MetaCX is pioneering a new outcomes-based approach for managing the customer lifecycle. Founded in 2018, MetaCX is led by co-founder and CEO Scott McCorkle, who was previously the CEO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud following the company’s $2.5 billion acquisition of ExactTarget where he served as president, and President Jake Sorofman, former Chief of Research at Gartner and CMO at Pendo. MetaCX was launched out of the High Alpha Venture Studio and secured $14 million in funding led by Upfront Ventures, a leading early-stage venture capital firm based in Los Angeles.
MetaCX 's headquarters is located in Indianapolis, but we have built a fully distributed team from day one. We recruit the best talent from all over the US. Work where you are happiest and most productive - whether it be at HQ, a local office, coworking space, or from home. If we can legally pay you, you can work there.
- You love to work with others to design and build cutting-edge software
- You keep up with emerging technologies and are curious to experiment
- You have experience building software on event-based architecture
- You have experience building optimistic UI
- You are a team player and clear communicator
- You want to be part of a founding team developing a product from the ground up
Why You Will Love It
- You will work with modern technologies to build an innovative product
- You will leverage your prior experiences to solve challenging and unique problems
- You will design and build a state-of-the-art user experience with a team of talented engineers.
- You will make decisions to drive projects forward in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
What You Will Do
- Work with the executive and product team to assess feasibility of feature designs
- Work with the team to break down complex features into manageable work
- Ensure development deliverables are performant, scalable, resilient, and have appropriate instrumentation and monitoring
- Leverage your experience and expertise to guide team members through technical challenges and obstacles
- Lead one of our scrum teams. This team focuses primarily on the application and APIs, and not the backend engine.
- Code, perform code reviews, and ensure the team produces quality work.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Perform code reviews to ensure quality expectations are met
- Work in fast-paced environment to keep up with customer demands
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Stay up-to-date on technologies, frameworks, and development trends
- You are an excellent communicator - able to understand and explain complex ideas clearly, orally or in writing.
- You are a self-starter capable of identifying problems or areas of opportunity, and implementing solutions.
- You must be able to motivate a team, inspiring folks to do their best work.
- You have mastery of computer science basics.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading robust engineering teams and directing their work
- Expert at developing in Node.js, React.js, and web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Expert at building highly interactive UI and large-scale SaaS products
- Expert understanding of object-oriented design and web technologies in general
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and partial page updates
- Experience identifying and remediating vulnerabilities
- Experience utilizing docker and kubernetes to run applications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with deployment workflows and tools