Software Support Engineer
At LOFT we’re focused on reinventing application support. As a Software Support Engineer at LOFT, you will be a member of a small team that supports various applications — from simple CMS websites to complex cloud-native web, mobile, and API-driven applications.
Our support engineers possess skills in multiple technologies and have a passion for learning new skills and technologies. They are energized by the opportunity to dig into an existing codebase, learn their way around, troubleshoot an issue or change request, and get the task done. They enjoy collaborating with a small team whose mission is to free people from their software so they can maximize their impact on their business and their world. They delight customers with technical execution and excel at customer service and communication.
Here are the key day-to-day responsibilities of this role.
- Work on a small team who is responsible for a set of applications; alongside a Technical Lead and a Customer Success Manager
- Work from a prioritized and documented list of tasks (Kanban process)
- Code, test, and deploy fixes, changes, optimizations, and enhancements to web, mobile, database, and API applications.
- Troubleshoot issues identified and documented in help desk tickets.
- Assist in onboarding and documenting new customer applications
- Use industry best practice guidelines for coding, testing, security, and deployment
- Update status and estimated resolution timing for all assigned tasks
- Update general and app-specific documentation
- Offer ideas and recommendations about proactively improving customer applications
- Build and support LOFT’s own web applications and platforms that support the growth of our team and company
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with a remote team via a help desk system, and Slack.
This role will be 100% remote but must overlap 4 hours a day with the US Eastern Time Zone.
- A passion for delighting customers through excellent communication, managing expectations, and executing a prioritized list of engineering tasks
- Enjoys troubleshooting issues and improving or optimizing already existing systems
- The ability to discuss trade-offs between performance, experience, and quality
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and text
- Have a strong sense of awareness of our business and how you are contributing to it
- Self-Motivated – we seek mature professionals vs. people who need to be micromanaged
- Working knowledge of agile development processes
- At this time, only candidates authorized to work in the United States should apply.
- 3+ years of experience building or maintaining web applications
- 3+ years of programming experience in both PHP and C#
- Front-End: Bootstrap, CSS, HTML5, jQuery
- Database: MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- OS: Microsoft, Linux, macOS
- Cloud Environments: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Utility: Git
- DevOps: Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines. We may wear many hats so if you’re comfortable with provisioning servers and being in a shell environment you’ll have an extra edge.
- Content Management Systems: WordPress, Drupal
- We prefer experience with modern cloud-native architectures in AWS and MS Azure
- Experience with database programming, including stored procedures, views, functions, triggers and schema design
Working with the LOFT Team
LOFT is a fun, collaborative, remote-first company focused on delivering results every day.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO
- Technology stipend
- Training and continuing education stipend
Our mission is to free people from their software so they can maximize their impact on their business and their world. On a daily basis, our team focuses on delivering peace of mind through post-launch maintenance and support for software applications.
This includes monitoring, patching and maintenance, backups, bug fixes, help desk support, troubleshooting, content and database updates, performance improvements, and more.
Our customers rely on LOFT to support anything from simple company websites to mission-critical complex systems that include web, mobile, and cloud API components.
Applying to LOFT
If you meet the requirements, are looking for a challenge, and think this role at LOFT is a good fit for you, we’d like to hear from you!
Send us your resume, Github, or sample work.
Bonus: Send us a written introduction (or a link to a short video introduction) and let us know why you’re interested and what you’d add to our team.